Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Commissar Yarrick
Old 04 Jun 2009, 22:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Commissar Yarrick

The new rules for Yarrick's Forcefield state that "Any wounds that are allocated to Yarrick must be rerolled."

In an assault, as he counts as a separate unit there is no problem, but when it comes to shooting it is most likely that he will be attached to a unit with a majority Toughness of 3. Therefore, when the wounds allocated to him are rerolled, is the reroll versus the initial Toughness of 3 or against Yarrick's personal Toughness of 4?
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2009, 22:39   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Yarrick's Forcefield

It would be a 3. The reroll is just that. A reroll. It doesn't change the context in which the dice were thrown.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2009, 22:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. It sucks, but there's not a lot you can do about it.

Edit: It has occurred to me that this helps you out if you stick Yarrick in with a unit of Ogryns; not only do you take advantage of their increased Toughness (compared to him) but if you take a single Strength 10 hit then you can give it to Yarrick, who gets to reroll it, but will only lose a wound if it successfully re-wounds him.
[hr]
Old 05 Jun 2009, 02:39   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

In my interpretation, let say Yarrick is being shot at by Bolters. Majority toughness would be 3 so let them roll on a 3+ to wound. Let say 7 wounds are dealt to Yarrick and a Command Squad that has a Company Commander and 4 Guardsmen. You allocated to each 1 then the last wound would be allocated to Yarrick so Yarrick would have 2 Wounds on him. Then ask your opponent to re-roll his Roll to Wound so your opponent would have to roll a 4+ this time around. Let's say he rolls a 3 and a 6, 1 Wound got through so Yarrick would just roll his Save to determine if it's an Unsaved Wound.

I hope this is clear enough for you to understand
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2009, 05:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Commissar Yarrick

That is clear enough to understand, Zenny, but highlights exactly my point. Khanaris suggested completely the opposite to you. Does anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?

Also, a separate question regarding Yarrick's Iron Will and Kill Points. At what point does Yarrick give away a Kill Point? Is it when he loses his last wound and is placed upon his side or is it when he rolls a 1-2 for his Iron Will? If it's the former, does that Kill Point get rescinded (i.e. removed) if he gets back up again or is it possible to gain multiple Kill Points from killing Yarrick over and over again? If it's the latter, what happens if the game ends and he's lying on his side; does that give away a Kill Point?
[hr]
Old 05 Jun 2009, 05:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yarrick only gives up a KP when he is removed from play, similar to a Necron WBB.

As for the rerolling to wound, I would agree with Zenai as the wound is directly given to him, not the squad.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2009, 18:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I've got the Commissar Lord with six Ogryns combo, I really wanted to use Yarrick; but he costs to much for what he does. Instead I have a Commissar Lord with two power fists (using Yarrick as the base of the model).

The people have suffered years of warfare. Only the King of Qin can stop the chaos by uniting all under Heaven
Krumpa is offline   Reply With Quote