Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How good are they?
Closed Thread
Old 02 Jun 2009, 16:02   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default How good are they?

What's so good about the new codex and would you suggest them allying with my space marines.
Old 02 Jun 2009, 16:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: How good are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter champion
What's so good about the new codex and would you suggest them allying with my space marines.
As good as before.
Different setup is all.

It's just a game... have fun!
Old 02 Jun 2009, 20:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter champion
No, they do not want to ally with your Space Marines.

The people have suffered years of warfare. Only the King of Qin can stop the chaos by uniting all under Heaven
Old 02 Jun 2009, 20:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

Guard don't need space marines anymore, the astartes are ..... antiquated. Well that's one mans opinion anyway. The only thing's i've notice are a much more structured arrangement some cool new special characters, orders are nice and these things called vehicle squadrons, yeah... nine leman russes, or nine of any of our NEW shiny artillery are nice.

oh almost forgot... we have air cav now, valkyries came to normal 40k. so... yeah we don't need space marines anymore.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Old 02 Jun 2009, 21:48   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

With the advent of the new codex allying is doubtfully legal and it is also not needed. The 5th ed codex has everything you need and even more to field a stand-alone army. Heck i never manage to fit all the nice goodies i want in my 1500pts lists and marines won't help that. Also allied troops can't really benefit from orders and it would be hampering that advantage.

In all, my valorous guardsmen look at my enemies marines and say : Your soldiers are obsolete.
Tyranids 1 / 0 / 0
Imperial Guard 0 / 3 / 0
Orks 1 / 0 / 0
Old 05 Jun 2009, 00:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Although one has to admit through gritted teeth that three Space Marines are worth more than a single Ogryn, and they're also a little cheaper. Advantages: -1S, but same number of bolter shots at twice the range or double the number of bolter shots at same range, same number of attacks, same number of wounds, better BS, better WS, much better I, better LD, and most importantly, much better armor save. Only downside is -1S, -1T and lack of furious charge, but the above mentioned advantages and the 5 points you save (shiny new piece of wargear?) make all the difference.
Old 05 Jun 2009, 00:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

uh... last time I checked the ripper the ogryns have is a str 5 assault 3 weapon, much better than bolters....
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Old 05 Jun 2009, 00:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausand sun
uh... last time I checked the ripper the ogryns have is a str 5 assault 3 weapon, much better than bolters....
But you have to think about who hold the gun too and what the cost is

It's just a game... have fun!
Old 05 Jun 2009, 00:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

True but with the simple amount of wounds they have you have to consider their close combat prowess. and with a good weapon for assaults they're prefectly suited for bare bones, no fancy trick (power stuff) combat.
Old 05 Jun 2009, 00:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Welcome to the boards Chapter Champion. Such open ended questions are generally frowned upon. Consider using the search function and looking here to find information on the new IG codex.

Locked. If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a PM.
Closed Thread