Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Defensive Grenades & Counter Attack
Old 01 Jun 2009, 23:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Defensive Grenades & Counter Attack

Ok now we can get defensive grenades so I've got a question. If defensive grenades eliminate the extra attack for charging and counter attack allows you to behave like you charged if you yourself were charged, do snare mines eliminate the extra attack from counter attack?

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2009, 23:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Defensive Grenades & Counter Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Trux
Ok now we can get defensive grenades so I've got a question. If defensive grenades eliminate the extra attack for charging and counter attack allows you to behave like you charged if you yourself were charged, do snare mines eliminate the extra attack from counter attack?
nope.

You throw out grenades at them before they throw out theirs or something like that
Basically you dont use your own grenades on your self, unless your a terrorist.

It's just a game... have fun!
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2009, 16:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

I think he's wondering if a snare mines work AGAINST a unit with counter-attack. For example, lets say a unit of Veterans charge a unit of space marines who have the Counter-Attack rule. The space marines counter-attack, but because of the snare mines are put back at their original attacks.

I would say that this works. Firewarriors have their photon grenades, which do the same thing. I could see them throwing those out if they had to charge the enemy, so that they would maintain the advantage of the charge.

This is just going from a rules perspective, of course. I have no idea how they would use snare mines safely, unless they just memorized where they put every single mine.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2009, 19:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

.... counter attack.... snare mines...... hmmmm Counter attack+snare mines= You never get charged, you are always charging...............
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2009, 08:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausand sun
.... counter attack.... snare mines...... hmmmm Counter attack+snare mines= You never get charged, you are always charging...............
You... you frighten me, sir. Do I have to get the comissar, or are you going somewhere with this idea? Particular units/orders, maybe?
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2009, 10:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

I'm thinking, brewing something nasty with a ministorum priest. A purely defensive unit for line defense something like that. a stand fast unit to hold the line.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote