Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

appropriate stand ins?
Old 26 May 2009, 22:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun
Default appropriate stand ins?

Okay. I'm getting some cool stand in stuff next week and I want to make sure it's okay with the people at the shop. These won't be for tournaments or official GW events but I would like to use them in normal games if everyone is hunky dory with it.

as Lord commisar

as gunnery sergeant harker

as storm trooper Sergeant

as melta guns

as a normal chimera for a veteran team with 2 flamers and 1 heavy flamer, and the chimera equipped with dual heavy flamers. (still on the fence with this one, especially, it's in essence a $60 chimera)

as both a colossus and a medusa (clearly marked which is which)
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2009, 22:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: appropriate stand ins?

Answers on the fly.

1. Sure I guess as long as the scale is correct.

2. Possibly with conversion as Harker is armed with a Heavy Bolter and that gun is WAAAAY to small.

3. I think I saw that model somewhere else, either on this board or some other one. Like with number 1, I guess it will work as long as the scale isn't too far off.

4. Meltaguns...not really but as it is your army and as long as your opponent knows what they are are and it is clearly explained, who can argue.

5. As the troop capacity of this vehicle is obviously taken out there is really not much luck considering this as a chimera. Isn't that a forgeworld hellhound?

6. This is a forgeworld Manticore if I recall correctly. As they are obviously two different types of tank (Manticore is a missile tank while the Medusa and Colossus are mortor/big gun tanks) there really is no correlation here. But as long as your opponent is fine with it and they clearly know it is not a Manticore I guess it would be okay. Though doesn't Forgeworld already have a Medusa model? If so, why not use that as it is more on target.

But you don't want to know what he does with his left...
Twiggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2009, 22:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

6. My compan is a missle destroyer company, and I thought it would be nice to show off how versatile a missile platform can be, by just switching out what kind of missiles are deployed on it.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Old 26 May 2009, 22:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

The second dude as Harker? I'd say no unless you gave him a way bigger gun. He would make a pretty sweet Marbo though.
Old 26 May 2009, 22:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

what about these?

Or this gun
Old 27 May 2009, 00:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to erebus Send a message via MSN to erebus Send a message via Yahoo to erebus

None of the guns are big enough really, and the other guy is like ogryn sized, perfect mini would be an Orlock or Goliath heavy if you can find one or an Ikore/urban mammoth chain gunner.
erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2009, 00:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

No, I mean take the gun off of the chain gun guy and give it to harker... or better yet find the pig iron productions version and use it.
Old 27 May 2009, 00:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to erebus Send a message via MSN to erebus Send a message via Yahoo to erebus

yeah, my point is that gun is about twice as long as harker would be tall, he's supposed to carry the heavy bolter, unaided, whist firing.
erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2009, 01:01   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

how does a non space marine even do that?
Old 27 May 2009, 01:08   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The female metal figure is toting an M40 assault rifle with integrated grenade launcher. Holds 100 10mm high-explosive tipped rounds with a digital counter. I'd call that a boltgun, personally.
Sgt.Booraem is offline   Reply With Quote