Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Valkyries to transport any unit in Apoc?
Old 26 May 2009, 13:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Valkyries to transport any unit in Apoc?

this might be a useless question but, i might paint up more Valks than i have squads :P and in apoc i can field many of them!. my idea was to transport my battle sisters and marines in Valks aswell,since they are not dedicated transports....are it allowed?
Old 26 May 2009, 13:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Valkyries to transport any unit in Apoc?

As long as they don't deploy embarked on them, I would say Yes!

Extartius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2009, 13:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Only superheavies can do anythign in apoc. So if you're using Valks I wouldn't expect them to last past the first 12" D strength weapon.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2009, 13:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
Only superheavies can do anythign in apoc. So if you're using Valks I wouldn't expect them to last past the first 12" D strength weapon.
so u basicly say i should pass on valks in apoc? when my IG army is built up on them and drop troopers!? its like saying i should not use my IG, and buy more SM :P
Old 26 May 2009, 14:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
This is extremely situational. If you're playing at your local flgs where the preparation basically amounts to "get all your big stuff out and let's rock!" then perhaps you're right. But when playing against friends where you can tailor the scenario so that it makes sense and plays out a story, then you couldn't be more wrong. Besides, you don't have to have super-heavies to play apocalypse.

Extartius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2009, 14:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I would keep all my models in the case if I saw an Apoc game with more superheavies than anything else. If it's a decent Apoc game with normal units, then go crazy.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2009, 14:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

the thing is that all my imperial armies are connected in some ways in my fluff, my IG regiment are the one commonly fighting alongside My SM chapter and My sister order. supported by My titan legion. all have some connection somewhere in fluff.

so my only tought was if it was allowed to, if needed transport a SM squad or sister squad in a spare Valk (that i don't have a IG troop squad for). that was all i asked, and obviously my anser was yes, i can transport them. right?
Old 26 May 2009, 15:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extartius
Quote:
This is extremely situational. If you're playing at your local flgs where the preparation basically amounts to "get all your big stuff out and let's rock!" then perhaps you're right. But when playing against friends where you can tailor the scenario so that it makes sense and plays out a story, then you couldn't be more wrong. Besides, you don't have to have super-heavies to play apocalypse.
WHEN THEY BRING THEM! It is very important to remember that models that have strength D weapons (especially if you are playing guard) are expensive $$$$$ and you will only suffer one wound from them each turn, thus if you have 10 Valkyries, your opponents will still be shooting at them in turn three

If you were planning on using this data sheet, only creating your own for use by inquisition (as allowed in the apocalypse rulebook) you should be legally fine

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...rike_Force.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
We altered the age old art of calling shotgun to now be known as calling Plasma Rifle on my car :P
Scratch-built Tau Manta . Scratch-built Tau Orca Drop Ship. Scratch-built Tau Barricuda. Scratch-built Tau Bastion.
Scratch-built Thunderhawk Dropship. Scratch-built 1:72nd scale Space Marine Landing Craft.
Scratch-built Chaos super-heavy dreadclaw drop pod/army transport.
hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2009, 16:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

well, Valkyries is what my IG will have, like it or not. in any case they wont be alone as they will have support from both my sisters, SM, grey knights and those armies arsenal of goods, aswell as Titans, yes, Titans. also later on maybe a few Vultures and thunderbolts.

btw, do i HAVE TO use the Valks as skimmers now? or are there still the option to use IA: Apoc Valk rules in apoc games, using it as a real flyer?
Old 28 May 2009, 09:44   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

According to the fluff in the guard dex, the Valkyries in the guard dex are given extra armor for their more ground attack and support role, which I believe makes them different to the Forgeworld Valkyries, so therefore field the Imperial navy/Inquisition Valkyries (forgeworld rules) to transport your sisters legally.