Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Master of Ordnance, Worth It?
Old 25 May 2009, 20:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Master of Ordnance, Worth It?

I was reading my codex when I came across the Master of Ordanance. I was very impressed until I read the rules. He has hardly any chance of hitting something. I watched my friend play, and not only did the shot miss the targeted Land Raider, it scattered onto his own men and took out 2 guardsmen.

What are your opinions on Master of Ordanance?
wesswll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2009, 20:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Master of the Ordanance

From what i understand, it is a battle cannon shot once per game. haven't read the rules recently on the hitting, but for the points, i ..... can't comment! because i have completly forgotten. But from what i remember, the advisors are added asa groups and when combined, their abilities can be very good!
Old 25 May 2009, 20:52   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris the Original
From what i understand, it is a battle cannon shot once per game. haven't read the rules recently on the hitting, but for the points, i ..... can't comment! because i have completly forgotten. But from what i remember, the advisors are added asa groups and when combined, their abilities can be very good!
Are you sure they are 1 use only ?? From what i'm able to read of my copy they ain't.

The master of ordnance? (hope i spelled that right) is a nice opportunity to use a very nice miniature with tons of gadgets and medals. You can have him really stand out.

On gaming terms he is kinda cheap for the potential power of the shot. Sadly that shot will almost always be wasted if playing a low model count army like the all too common marines.

Where the guys shines is when he is used against a ork army in a large 1500+ plus battle. Who cares about scatter when the board is cover with orks running around ?

I used 1 or 2 of them in every battle i have had with the new codex. They usually make their points back and they do sometimes get very lucky.

To sum it up : his value increases with the size of the army you are fighting.
Tyranids 1 / 0 / 0
Imperial Guard 0 / 3 / 0
Orks 1 / 0 / 0
levincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2009, 20:53   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

He doesn't cost enough for him to be taking out Land Raiders easily. That pretty much covers it. As stated by the last poster, he gets better in a target-rich environment.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2009, 21:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hmmm.... i have most certainly considered looking in to the advisors. I was neer interested in the previous codex. But now, with the serious character and potential damage they can do (Especially master of the fleet) they are a must now.
Old 25 May 2009, 21:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Master of Ordnance

Master of Ordinance,

cost, three ratlings, or two veteran plasma guns; for this you get,

Earthshaker round that deviates 3D6 inches on a miss. 2D6 inches on a hit, minus BS if MOO can see the target.

Will it take out a landraider? NEVER EVER EVER, unless you were aiming for the squad standing 2D6 inches away from the landraider; even then, no.

For his meager cost you get a completely random, heavy 1, strength 9 AP3 shot, EVERY ROUND.

He is always worth his cost if you have a non-moving HQ.

The people have suffered years of warfare. Only the King of Qin can stop the chaos by uniting all under Heaven
Krumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2009, 21:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Master of ordinace

For very little points you get an extra earthshaker cannon shot each round, sure it has very little chance of hitting your target, but there's always the chance your scatter will do something funny.

I take him every game

I often play tournaments, and face a huge variety of opponents and armies, throwing around an extra large blast template or two is always welcome, espescially if your playing against hoards.

I think he's awesome, if you are feilding a relatively static HQ choice/army and can afford to sit still a turn or two he's definantly a good choice. He's also very handy in a squad with creed, so he can sit still 24" back and still pound your opponent.

Typhon, lord of the zombie plague
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2009, 21:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

I am trying excessivly hard to get one in my command. But i am having trouble taking out 30 points effectivly.

My justification will be 'Master of Orbital Bombardment' for the elysians.
Old 26 May 2009, 00:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

With out a doubt the MoO is very nice. I play Daemon Hunters and the MoO beats the heck out of Orbital Strikes.

I am your lighted way and I am your darkest day. -Godsmack
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2009, 01:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

..... um I don't think you have to target a specific model so you CAN aim it at a place that's 5-7 inches away from multiple targets and hope one gets hit.

P.S. can someone check on if this is legal, and if it is, if this is super american heart clogging cheese?
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote