Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Commander Pask
Old 18 May 2009, 17:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Commander Pask

I have played two games with the 5th edition codex so far and have had some pretty interesting turn outs. In both games I fielded Commander Pask in an Exterminator Leman Russ with heavy bolter sponsons and a hull heavy bolter. Now this has worked wonders with twin linked bs 4 autocannon shots but I was wondering if anyone had a better way to field Commander Pask. Also the crack-shot rule makes perfect sense against montrous creatures but against tanks i don't understand it. The rule says "When firing against a vehicle shots add +1 to the armour penetration rolls." Is that like having a strength 8 autocannon or a melta gun.
Old 18 May 2009, 17:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Commander Pask

Hey gas19d,

Quote:
BRB, Page 60 Armour Penetration.
"...Once a hit has been scored on a vehicle, roll a D6 and add the weapons Strength to it, comparing this total with the Armour Save value of the appropriate facing of the vehicle"
So, say you roll a '4' for the D6 roll, it'll become a 5 (because of the +1 Penetration) - so you add '5' to the weapons Strength, thus consulting the Vehicle Damage Chart, to see whether the vehicle is destroyed etc.

Is that clear for you?

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2009, 17:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Alright, That's what I thought at first it's like having a strength 8 autocannon.
Old 19 May 2009, 01:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I am thinking about fielding him with a vanquisher! Would be very useful against Tau, counter that pesky disruption pod!
Old 20 May 2009, 12:57   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
Hey gas19d,

Quote:
BRB, Page 60 Armour Penetration.
"...Once a hit has been scored on a vehicle, roll a D6 and add the weapons Strength to it, comparing this total with the Armour Save value of the appropriate facing of the vehicle"
So, say you roll a '4' for the D6 roll, it'll become a 5 (because of the +1 Penetration) - so you add '5' to the weapons Strength, thus consulting the Vehicle Damage Chart, to see whether the vehicle is destroyed etc.

Is that clear for you?
Your post isn't clear; you quote a section about how to penetrate armour, then claim the +1 applies to the Vehicle Damage table...

gas19d,

The simplest way to think of the +1 Penetration rule is that, as you stated, your weapons get +1 Strength against vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2009, 13:06   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Your post isn't clear; you quote a section about how to penetrate armour, then claim the +1 applies to the Vehicle Damage table...
My apologies then if any confusion has been made.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2009, 16:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu-Tang-Tau
I am thinking about fielding him with a vanquisher! Would be very useful against Tau, counter that pesky disruption pod!
I've been debating the same thing, although I don't think his AT shot nullifies the 4+ invulnerable from the disruption pod. It would be great vs it's front 13 armor though.

I would run pask+vanquisher=Paskquisher, with no sponsons and upgrade the hull weapon to a lascannon.

The reason being, the hull lascannon is effectively strength 10, the main gun is strength 9 plus 2d6 Armor pen. Sponsons are expensive, and multi tasking is not worth the point cost.

The people have suffered years of warfare. Only the King of Qin can stop the chaos by uniting all under Heaven
Krumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2009, 16:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

With commander Passk I would take a hunter killer missile as well, an interesting use of passk in apoc would be using his rules to represent tank company commanders/tank aces (going overboard here would be cheese).
Old 21 May 2009, 08:06   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Biotitan

[quote=Krumpa]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu-Tang-Tau

I would run pask+vanquisher=Paskquisher, with no sponsons and upgrade the hull weapon to a lascannon.

The reason being, the hull lascannon is effectively strength 10, the main gun is strength 9 plus 2d6 Armor pen. Sponsons are expensive, and multi tasking is not worth the point cost.
Actually I'm planning to give my "paskquisher" sponson plasma cannons and camo netting, sit him in cover near my artillery battery picking off any tanks in range and turning the plasma canons on anything that gets to close to my artillery.
Biotitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2009, 12:32   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I have been considering using him also but in an executioner... Have some fun hunting termies and light to medium vehicles....

Edit for truth