Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

female guard? What to use her for?
Closed Thread
Old 15 May 2009, 17:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun
Default female guard? What to use her for?

Found a few cool things on hasslefree, and I was wondering what I shouild use them for/ Inplace of:

"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Old 15 May 2009, 17:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: female guard? What to use her for?

Nope.

IIRC Hasslefree is 25mm models not 28mm, so they will look silly, and they don't seem to be Heroic models either, so the proportion will be wrong.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Old 15 May 2009, 17:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausand sun
Found a few cool things on hasslefree, and I was wondering what I shouild use them for/ Inplace of:
Well, to me that screams female storm trooper.

Scale wise, women tend to be smaller; I'd have to see a side by side comparison. Remember Forge World Elysian drop troops are smaller scaled than Voystrons.

Do what you think looks cool.

The people have suffered years of warfare. Only the King of Qin can stop the chaos by uniting all under Heaven
Old 15 May 2009, 18:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Storm trooper was what I was thinking too. I want to know what to use the rail rifles for, i was thinking melta guns.

also, will 3 millimeters really be that much of a difference I mean the average man being what 5' 10" comparatively that's 5'2" so She's short but not unbelievably short. and i like HF proportions a lot more. I just wish they had some male Sci-fi Soldiers. but she's 26mm so it's more like shes 5'5"
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Old 15 May 2009, 18:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

That first batch of guns is... oddly familiar. I'm going to hope they're certified material and not knock-offs. :P

Anyway, I agree with Krumpa and Sun that she looks very Stormtrooper-ish. A little short isn't bad; women to tend to be a little smaller than, *ahem*, us big, burly men. :P
Old 15 May 2009, 18:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Storm trooper was what I was thinking too. I want to know what to use the rail rifles for, i was thinking melta guns.

also, will 3 millimeters really be that much of a difference I mean the average man being what 5' 10" comparatively that's 5'2" so She's short but not unbelievably short. and i like HF proportions a lot more. I just wish they had some male Sci-fi Soldiers. but she's 26mm so it's more like shes 5'5"
Maybe do a google search, someone may have already posted picks, side by side with GW figures. I seem to remember a website, armymen somethingish. They posted size comparisons to literally every whole in the wall caster.

Rail rifles as meltas is fine, as long as your opponent knows what they are and is uniformly modeled on all proxied squads.

I think it will look cool.

The people have suffered years of warfare. Only the King of Qin can stop the chaos by uniting all under Heaven
Old 15 May 2009, 20:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

lol, well they kinda look like meltas already, just really cool ones.

Old 15 May 2009, 20:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
lol, well they kinda look like meltas already, just really cool ones.
Very nice, You should order these today. Post your results!

Hopefully they offer more than one pose though.

Old 15 May 2009, 21:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm ordering them tomorrow, and I'm going to have to convert guardsmen specially for this project. So it'll be a while. but by the time i'm done my guard will look like no other. Including manticores as proxy Leman Russes.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 04:30   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

I have that same model as a standard trooper in my Elysian force. Once Hasslefree finish the rest of her squad i'm going to get them as veterans with shotguns.