Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Let's create the 5th edition tactica!
Old 11 May 2009, 00:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Let's create the 5th edition tactica!

Hey everyone!

The new Guard codex is out(hooray!), and there's a lot of new ideas to be considered and questions to be answered. In our little corner of the internet, we need to make sense of this new release.

We're looking for volunteers to create informative and detailed articles about new aspects of the codex. These articles will be saved in a stickied thread in this forum, and also hosted on the Tau Online website for all to read.

Here is a list of article suggestions that we need volunteers for:

Unit by unit analysis:
Go into detail about each unit available in the new codex. Include their pros and cons and overall usefullness.

Armoury:
For each weapon and piece of wargear in the codex, list what it is good for, whether or not it is worth taking, and what units are best equip with it. Pay special attention to new weapons/wargear, especially for tanks.

Big Changes:
Outline the big differences from the last codex to this one. Explain orders, advisers, the revised platoon system, new tanks etc...

How to beat the new IG:

Explain how other armies can defeat us. What type of weapons should they take? What IG units are now high priority targets? What non-IG units are now very vulnerable? etc...

How to start a new IG army:
Taken
What models are the new minimum requirements, what would you have to purchase, would a minimized army be competitive? (include example lists and potentially, links to the GW website.)

If anyone has any additional ideas, feel free to suggest them here.

When writing articles, here's a few things to keep in mind:
-Keep your articles pleasant and interpersonal. Do not appear too passionate. You are presenting facts, not a personal opinion. Plasmaguns are good against spacemarines because of their low AP value, not your bitter hatred of the the Ultramarines. :P
-Avoid overly aggressive formatting. Article titles should be centred, underlined and only one size larger then normal text. Paragraph titles should only be underlined. Avoid putting things in bold. Avoid clumped text. Start new paragraphs when referencing new ideas.
-Write as if your reader's are all beginners. Avoid short forms, acronyms and overly complex ideas that would require reading other articles.
-Include an introduction and conclusion that explains what the articles is about and summarizes what you are writing/have wrote about.
-Avoid useless introduction stories. People are looking for facts, not fluff or stories. We have other boards for that.
-Be careful to not breach the Games Workshop Intellectual Property Policy. Do not include points costs, full stat lines or important details that should only be found in the codex. PM me if you are unsure about anything.

[hr]

And that's about it. If you'd like to volunteer, please post here. A thread will be created where we can post newly written guides.
Thanks everyone,

AC
Old 11 May 2009, 00:09   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Let's create the 5th edition tactica!

I got dibs on How to start a new IG Army!
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 00:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

I call tanks. All tanks. Lemans, Hellhounds, etc.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 00:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Sure thing Zen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus, HERO OF TAU 0NLINE!
I call tanks. All tanks. Lemans, Hellhounds, etc.
Give me more details Circus. What are you going to say?
Old 11 May 2009, 00:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Tactica. Unit by unit analysis, working in tandem etc.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 00:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I can do big changes.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 01:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Different uses for the Valkyire and Vendetta.
Old 11 May 2009, 05:12   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

I can do LOTS on how to beat the new guard. I love being cannon fodder, and have lots of friends willing to try out their units on a willing foe. If anyone can find an Achilles Heel to these units, I can.

Give me 48 hours, something will be up. Feel free to grab some of the Tactica I've already posted, too.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 06:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I can do valkyrie/vendetta analysis, stormtroopers analysis and hydra analysis & tacticas for all 3.
Also can do IG vs orks (and vice versa) tacticas.

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
Shasau Rmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 10:59   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Quote:
I can do valkyrie/vendetta analysis
Thats mine...