Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fast Attack choices....nine Sentinels?
Old 10 May 2009, 14:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Fast Attack choices....nine Sentinels?

The new Sentinel models are fantastic. I see myself trying to rationalize nine sentinels in one list (1850 points)

Armored tops seems like the way to go, but what armament? To put it in perspective, the rest of the force will look something like this (1850)

HQ-Inquisitor Lord/psycannon, x3Heavy bolters, x2 mystics, wargear
HQ command with ?

Elite- Sly Stalone
x3 Demonhosts, (or Assassin)

Fast Attack- x3 Sentinels (armor top) Plasma Cannon
x3 Sentinels (scout) autocannon
x3 Sentinels (armor top) Lascannon

Troop- x20 veterans x2 Chimeras x3 melta, x3 plasma

x10 (Predator themed Catachans-Blake,Dutch,billy etc..) Sgt Harker(as BLAIN)
x2 Heavy flamers, x1 Heavy Flamer, Demo charge

Heavy Support- Demolisher Tank
Demolisher Tank

Are Sentinels (looks aside) really competitive with this style list?

I've read Zenai and Wargamers write ups of their use, I just need some more information from someone who has playtested this, or something close.

Thank you in advance.

NOTE: I am also not a power gamer, Far from it, if my opponent isn't enjoying himself, then whats the point?(Plus I consider 40k a drinking game, more fun when combined with Captain Morgan)

*DISCLAIMER*

Combining 40k with Captian Morgan is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age. It is purely intended for entertainment purposes. Krumpa is not advocating the abuse of alcoholic beverages, and if you drink, do so with moderation and caution. It is not his intent to promote misuse of alcohol, alcoholism, hazing, binge drinking, or any other form of alcohol abuse.

The people have suffered years of warfare. Only the King of Qin can stop the chaos by uniting all under Heaven
Krumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2009, 14:40   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Fast Attack choices....nine Sentinels?

I say Eradicators instead of Demolishers for more anti-Medium Infantry fire. Otherwise a fun list. For more competitiveness, More Vet Squads, maybe 1 or 2 more.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 22:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Zenai, or other established Gaurd players, (Heck anyone actually)

I'm looking at adding a squad of ten Ogryn's to stand in front of the Leman Russ tanks, what's your thoughts on this?

I would combine them with Commissar Yarrick for rerolled to hits, fearless and just general badness.

How do you think this would work with the above list, I'd have less scoring units; but ten Ogryns and Yarrick as a potential counter charge to anything drop podding/deepstriking/landraidering into my lines, and giving a 4+ save to anything behind them (Leman Russes) should raise an eyebrow at least.

Plus, Damn, Ten Ogryns! Most Internet Mathematicians label them as Ultra Fail, I've gotta work out how to use them.

The people have suffered years of warfare. Only the King of Qin can stop the chaos by uniting all under Heaven
Krumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 22:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

I don't play IG, but I bought a codex for the fluff. And, I can't say I would exclude some Bane Wolfs. They are so good against elite CC(Grey Knights, Berserkers, Assault Marines etc) its crazy. Not only can they intercept those kinds of units BUT, if they can't stop them before they hit your men, you can certainly make sure they only get one shot to kill something, killing them right after they get done.
Old 11 May 2009, 22:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumpa
Zenai, or other established Gaurd players, (Heck anyone actually)

I'm looking at adding a squad of ten Ogryn's to stand in front of the Leman Russ tanks, what's your thoughts on this?

I would combine them with Commissar Yarrick for rerolled to hits, fearless and just general badness.

How do you think this would work with the above list, I'd have less scoring units; but ten Ogryns and Yarrick as a potential counter charge to anything drop podding/deepstriking/landraidering into my lines, and giving a 4+ save to anything behind them (Leman Russes) should raise an eyebrow at least.

Plus, Damn, Ten Ogryns! Most Internet Mathematicians label them as Ultra Fail, I've gotta work out how to use them.
They could be effective against ork boyz or gaunts, but only if they get the charge. They're too expensive to use as a meatscreen. Against 'Nids this could actually be pretty effective, with the ogryn's tying up the majority of the gaunts so the rest of your army can focus on putting down monstrous creatures