Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question about lascannons in chimeras
Old 09 May 2009, 14:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Question about lascannons in chimeras

If I have a heavy weapons team in a chimera, can they fire their lascannons? In the Codex, it says they're firing fixed lasgun emplacements, but it also says the chimera has a fire point in its hatch.
wesswll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2009, 14:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Question about lascannons in chimeras

The chimera has both. The lascannon can fire out of the top hatch and the guardsmen inside can fire the hullmounted lasguns.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2009, 14:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
The chimera has both. The lascannon can fire out of the top hatch and the guardsmen inside can fire the hullmounted lasguns.
Are you sure?
I think only a total of 5 models can fire out of a chimera. Whether it be a lascannon and 4 lasguns or just 5 lasguns. Check your codex again.
Old 09 May 2009, 15:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftercresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
Are you sure?
I think only a total of 5 models can fire out of a chimera. Whether it be a lascannon and 4 lasguns or just 5 lasguns. Check your codex again.
I never specified how many. The lascannon and guardsmen can fire within the Chimera.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2009, 18:00   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Quote:
Fire Points: Five models can fire from the Chimera's Top Hatch. In reality, ...
So, you pretty much can fire one Lascannon and 4 other weapons the squad have so if you have a fully decked out Veteran Squad with a Primaris Psyker, you can shoot one Heavy Weapons, 3 Special weapons and the Primaris Psyker's Lightning Arc
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2009, 18:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

So does this mean you can then put two lascannons in a chimera and fire them both if you put two command squads in one chimera?
Old 09 May 2009, 18:34   #7 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gas19d
So does this mean you can then put two lascannons in a chimera and fire them both if you put two command squads in one chimera?
You can't put 2 Command Squads in a single Chimera...
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2009, 18:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

You can't have two command squads in one Chimera. Transports have a maximum capacity of one unit and any attached ICs, in addition to their normal carrying capacity (which is 10 or 12, model I think, for a Chimera? Ogryns counting as two models).
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2009, 20:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

But you could have a heavy weapons squad board the chimera and shoot three lascannons out the top >

The guard codex says that for simplicity sake they count it as 5 models being able to fire from the top hatch (but there are six lasguns) so yes heavy weapons could fire, though you may want to check the rule book for how they can fire. (moving and whatnot)
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2009, 22:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

As per codex rules, it states that 5 models may fire their weapons through the top hatch and the guns slits. The old "6 hull mounted lasguns" got reworked here in the 5th.

And by the WH40K rulebook, if the vehicle has moved then the passengers shoot as if it has moved. And if the vehicle moved at cruising speed it cannot shoot at all.
Shasel_Aunat is offline   Reply With Quote