Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Incoming! and Get back in the fight!
Old 05 May 2009, 22:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun
Default Incoming! and Get back in the fight!

um..... I just had a though... these two orders issued in unison, not in the same turn but GBITF the turn after incoming.... Is it worth it? what do you guys think?
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2009, 22:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Incoming! and Get back in the fight!

It could work. I'd have to read up the exact rule and any off info to make sure it is viable.
Old 05 May 2009, 23:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

I've heard this before. I'd say a "no", as it makes them too... broken. It says that a unit may only be affected by one order a turn, and a turn is actually a complete sequence - i.e. both players, therefore the rules say they can't work together.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2009, 00:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

what are you talking about, you issue the order one turn before you fire, and the second the following turn at the same time, an exact cycle.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Old 06 May 2009, 00:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

You Go To Ground in the enemy shooting phase, and it makes sense that Incoming! too would take place there...
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2009, 04:02   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGarurumon, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!
You Go To Ground in the enemy shooting phase, and it makes sense that Incoming! too would take place there...
Incoming! is an Order. Orders take place in your Shooting Phase. So, if you use GBITF and then Incoming! then it's perfectly legal so long as they're within the Command radius and pass their Leadership Test.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2009, 06:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Still i'm not quite shure it would be effective your still giving up a turn of shooting and wasting two orders.
Old 06 May 2009, 06:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Except you can only issue one order to one unit per turn. Page 29, new codex. Second column, first paragraph in the box.

Quote:
Orders cannot be issued to squads that are ...Cut large section of text...or have already received an order that turn(weither or not that prior order was successful).
EDIT: wait, not sure I'm understanding what your saying....are you suggesting Incoming! one turn then using GBIF the next turn to get around the last line in the Incoming text?
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2009, 06:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Zenai and spiritbw are correct. You may only issue one Order to a unit per turn, and Orders may only be issued at the beginning of your shooting phase, before any units shoot (other than as a result of an order).

Incoming! will keep the unit down until the end of your next turn. Most useful if you just want the unit to sit tight.

On the next turn you can use GBITF to allow the unit to shoot, if necessary.
Old 06 May 2009, 06:25   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

Tausand Sun is right about it being ineffective.

1.) Incoming! forces a unit to go to ground during YOUR turn, at the START of the shooting phase. This denies the unit the chance to fire, and there is no guarantee that your enemy will even bother shooting the unit.

2.) Get Back in the Fight brings them out of their Gone To Ground state, removing the cover save bonus. Even if you were allowed to double-order a squad, if would neutralize any benefit.

3.) These orders are better used for FRFSRF, or even the FOMT order. The only time the Incoming/GBITF combo should be used is if there is artillery inbound that you don't have ANY way of taking out during that turn, and there are no nearby infantry/walkers that might assault the grounded squads.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote