Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

IG New codex I have it YES
Old 20 Apr 2009, 20:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default IG New codex I have it YES

Hi guys i was off for a long time and i get my hands on the new codex and actually I used it already and is a great great codex

here are some ideas I have on this new codex

The codex is totally a new world, now the units are specialized and makes even harder the army list creation a little bit

I will list the unit by point cost Vs the effectiveness

COMBAT UNITS

Yes we have combat units, our units are not made for destroying the enemy outright but most of all to hold the dangerous enemy units but if htey are configured correctly then yes they can match the marines or even more dangerous units and some have the power to kill entire units if you roll right

OGRYNS: high T and St the save still sucks they have the sameone as before and the I of a tau trooper, point cost is to high for just 3 Ogryns and more expensive than a terminator for every extra ogryn, the shooting may help to soften up the enemy but not much, overall the point cost Vs effectiveness they are on the bottom of my choices. Is a shame :'(

PENAL LEGION: this guys are good and cheep, they are scouts and are stubborn, plus their special rule Desperadoes is good, is random and must be chosen at the deployment but we can have assault shooting instead of rapid fire or Fleet, counter assault and Furious charge OR my favorite Another extra CCW plus rending attacks, this guys are nice and they do their job, add a priest and have re roll to hit on the charge, plus if you use Creed on the HQ he have a special order to make them Fearless and give them furious charge, so imagine if you are lucky to get the rending rule, they can charge with the I and St of a marine with 3 attacks each with rending

ROUGH RIDERS: boy they are good as always, the best ones for this, they keep the special lances and they attack on the first charge with power weapons with high I and St, plus now you can add as an upgrade Mogul Kamir to become fearless and get furious charge :P :P

INFANTRY PLATOON SQUADS: YES YES YES use them right and they are good combat units now, with the correct Command squads (creed and iron hand straken) and some other ones Creed specially have a rule for furious charge and fearless and straken gives to units at 12" away counter attack and furious charge, for every 10 men squad you can add a commissar now, plus you can as well merge the units so imagine a 20 man squad plus 2 commissars, sergeants and commissars with power weapons and use this rule they charge with the St and T of a marine with 36 normal attack and 12 power weapon attacks who said we can't fight!!! plus we have 2 possible upgrades for the command platoon squads Al rahem give the entire platoon outflank and have a special order so they can fire and then move D6" plus he does install kill on close combat OR Chencov to use conscripts as an endless objective holders as they come back from our table edge at their full original size when are killed or you can even remove the unit if you want.

imagine now

SHOTTING

The ratlings are good as always i love them ;D

ANTI POWER ARMOUR

LEMAN RUSS AND VARIANTS: so many weapons that ignores power armour > > the leman russ are killing machines they can fire EVERYTHING if they don't move and on the sponson weapons you can add plasma cannons > > > if you move 6" you can fire the turret weapon in addition to any other weapon you are allowed to fire, imagine this behemoths now on the table and this applies to all the leman russ variants the demolisher, the executioner with 3 plasma blasts on the turret cannon, etc.

VETERANS: they are quite cheep and mount them on a chimera as now 5 guys can fire from the hatch so put 3 plasma guns and go armour hunting >

DEVIL DOG: the hellhound variant have a melta gun on a blast version but really not that good for this.

BANEWOLF: > > the other hellhound variant anti power armour with a template poisoned weapon > > great for some nasty combos depending on the HQ choices.

BASILISK AND VARIANTS: yes, never forget this guys the Basilisk and the colossus.

DEATH STRIKE MISSILE: this new toy only have one unique one time shoot, but hey what a shot bro > can kill anything or blow up a tank and have the same AP than a melta with the maximun St available on the game, this only shoots inderectly but when it lands he have a radius hit from 4" up to 6" yes radius you don't use the template even when is an ordenance weapon and yes RADIUS so you have a total area of effect from 8" up to 12" wide

VALKIRIE: yes another new toy ( a need some of this ) have just 2 ordenance shots and wants they are shot you lost them, just 2 of them but is a transport to so who cares

STORM TROOPERS: > > same St as before but anti marine power they deep strike, plus you can choose other special rules to have as well, scout and move trough cover or re-roll the scatter on the deep strike OR infiltrate and on the first shooting they have cause pinning COOOOOOL >

ANTI TANKS

: well we have plenty here to

LEMAN RUSS AND VARIANTS: of course but canīt count to much on the Russ for this I better bet for the Demolisher, but even better as a tank killer is the vanquisher, the only problem is the BS but use an upgrade to have the Commander Pask on the Vanquisher and improve the BS like a marine > bye bye land riders

VETERANS: mount this guys on a chimera with 3 melta guns and made your opponent cry while he lost his tanks jejejeje

HEAVY WEAPON SQUADS: yes, per every platoon you can add up to 15 platforms with heavy weapons and they are objective holders yupiiiiiii

SENTINELS: scout or not to scout that is the question but honestly I will not use mine that much now really

SPYKER BATTLE SQUAD: they have a very nasty shooting Psychic power, the St is up to the number of guys on the squad and is a large blast >

DEVIL DOG: yes with that melta blast weapon, plus adding a multi melta to it OUUUCH >

HYDRA FLAKK TANK: the best of the best against skimmers, (Ignores the cover save for moving Flatout) jajajajajajajajaja ;D

BASILISK AND VARIANTS: yes the basilisk, but even a better is the Medusa he have the St of a demolisher with the AP of a melta, plus another dice for armour penetration but with a smaller template

MANTICORE: a D3 barrage weapon per shot with the St of a demolisher. Nice

DEATH STRIKE MISSILE: As explained before with that area of effect and St if you get lucky enough and touches the 3 pesky land riders of that power gamer > say good bye to all of them > > > > but only shoot and is indirect fire :'( :'( :'(

VENDETTA: with 3 TL lasscannon and being a transport?, hell yes

ANTI HORDES

plenty of them

LEMAN RUSS AND VARIANTS: the already known Russ or demolisher with plasma cannons, heavy stubber and heavy bolter, or the eradicator that ignores cover with less AP, or the punisher with 3 heavy bolters or 2 plasma cannons and a heavy bolter > > > no horde can't hold this amount of fire power now

MASTER OF THE ORDENANCE: part of the HQ and you can shoot from the save from the inside of a chimera jaja

SPECIAL WEAPON SQUADS: as being part of the platoon they can have 2 special weapon squads per each entire platoon so use them right, will you like 3 demo charges on a 6 man squad??? > > > > > now made 2 of this guys and blow your enemy with it

PSYKER BATTLE SQUAD: with that psychic power o yes kill kill kill > >

HELLHOUND: still good, add another Heavy flamer so when you get close use both weapons BUUURN

BANEWOLF: Add another heavy flamer and made a squadron of 2 of them and they can kill and entire horde unit, I will said yes yes > > BURN BURN BURN!!!!!!

BASILISK AND VARIANTS: of course the basilisk, the Medusa, the colossus and the Griffon, the only problem is that the last 2 of this guys can only shoot indirectly, but hey shoot behing cover where no one can see you 8) 8) 8)

MANTICORE: I think this is one of the best anti horde tanks, D3 large blast on each shoot O boy

DEATH STRIKE MISSLE: well this is anti everything really, but you need a lucky shoot and see how much scum you killed >

THE VALKIRIE: with those 2 ordenance shoots can do some damage there

And what about some nasty combos he????

here goes some i came with

COMBOS

Add Creed and an astropath for the HQ, get a squadron of 2 banewolfs, a unit of veterans on a chimera with the upgrade for seargent harker with melta guns so they can infiltrate thanks to Harker, a unit of storm troopers, and a united platoon with Al rahim, so they have to outflank.

so with creed we made the banewolf squadron to outflank with the unit of veterans, the storm troopers on deep strike and the platoon to outflank, thanks to the astropath they just need a 3+ to enter the table and you can re-roll the outflank dice to try to have the veterans with the bane wolf on one side and the storm troopers deep striking where needed with the platoon entering on the other side if they have something to charge to, this is a sandwich of blood ;D they see him crying for all the killing you just made there

Rough riders with creed and astropath so they can outflank, add Mogul Kamir to have fearless and furious charge, a unit of penal legion to outflank as well, veterans on a chimera with the upgrade for seargent harker with melta guns so they can infiltrate and a unit of storm troopers, so we have 2 units to charge, one to kill thanks and another one to shoot infantry > > > on his side of the table, all in all the IG are far more faster than most of the other armies now.

A 2 leman russ squadron with plasma cannons and heavy bolter with heavy stubber, one of the Russes will be a punisher, add creed on the HQ with astropath so the leman russ tanks will outflank , deep strike the storm troopers and add the rough riders with Mogul Kamir, hell of a punch there.

they are just 3 but are many many more you can come up with.

if you have any question about the codex let me know, I will be happy to answer any question ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Old 20 Apr 2009, 21:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: IG New codex I have it YES

While I'm sure we appreciate you taking the time to write all this, I'm having a little trouble reading this. There is a major lack of punctuation and sentence continuity. Your sentences seem to just be huge run-ons that don't go anywhere.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2009, 21:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

sorry for that, Iīm not an english native speaker, i just fix it hope that helps sorry
Old 21 Apr 2009, 00:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to AfrikA Send a message via Yahoo to AfrikA

Quote:
THE VALKIRIE: with those 2 ordenance shoots can do some damage there
Those shots have no blast, look at the weapon's profile.

"This plan is so perfect it's retarded."
AfrikA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2009, 01:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Which is a pity since if you shoot them then you can't fire any other weapon! Seriously, 2 krak missiles at BS3 isn't that great, even if you can roll 2d6 & pick the highest.

Also on the Deathstrike, it's not specified its radius & so its a 4"-6" area just like the small blast is a 3" plate & large is a 5" plate. That said at its smallest it's bigger than a small & could be bigger than the large blast. After all this is not Apocalypse.

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2009, 02:13   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

OK, that's it. I was going to wait until 2nd of May but it seems you have forced my hand. I'll show how a Tactica is suppose to be done!
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2009, 03:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Don't be too harsh Zenai. At least he's got enthusiasm.

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2009, 04:00   #8 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Trux
Enthusiasm is good but I would really like to see Tactica being done right e.g. less to no smileys, good formatting and etc.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2009, 04:17   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Now that you mention it, that is a huge amount of smileys
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2009, 04:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Trux
Enthusiasm is good but I would really like to see Tactica being done right e.g. less to no smileys, good formatting and etc.
Agree 100%. Smilies ruin it for me. I am not really sure how one can measure effectiveness of units at this stage, the book is not even out yet. I wouldn't really trust any sort of analysis as anything other then speculation until enough people have had some games under their belts so that everyone can add input into what does and doesn't work. Reviewing things on paper is all fine and dandy, but doesn't always transfer over to how it works in game. That is what I am worried about with this sort of stuff at the moment.

Not that the effort (as much as the formating and smilies make it difficult to read) is unappreciated. This sort of 'expeditionary' views are helpful for those who don't have it yet (technically everyone at this stage) and want to have an idea on how things sound. However, people are biased, and that can ruin this sort of beginning anaylisis for me. Mentioning "Yes we have combat units", I find as almost insulting. We have had combat units for quite a long time and it is possible to play a very aggressive guard army successfully. I donno, maybe I am just not a fan of such blatant stereotypes and it bugs me.

I am rambling now. I will stop.

Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote