Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial Guard army with Daemonhunters or Witch Hunters?
View Poll Results: Imperial Guard army with Daemonhunters or Witch Hunters?
Daemonhunters 12 60.00%
Witch Hunters 3 15.00%
IG ONLY 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Apr 2009, 04:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to megagnat1
Default Imperial Guard army with Daemonhunters or Witch Hunters?

So I am thinking about starting Imperial guard, but I am wondering if I should include some daemonehunters or witch hunters to my force. What do you guys think??

Any advice/personal experience will be great :-*
Old 19 Apr 2009, 06:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Imperial Guard army with Daemonhunters or Witch Hunters?

I think DH benefits more from IG than WH. DH have the Grey Knights which require a second mortgage in points to field numbers where as WH have the still very nicely priced SoB which work best pure.

That said both of them could always use a boost in the AT department & WH have a very nice CC unit in the form of arco-flagellants. Tossing a unit of them forces targeting priority. ;D

Really either works but its always best to either complement your play style or make up for weaknesses. To help further I'd need to know what style you prefer.

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2009, 06:55   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I plan on including my Grey Knights and Grey Knight terminators in my force, as they'll be a welcome addition of resilient troops (in the form of the Grey Knights) that are alot less fragile than Guardsmen to contest hot objectives. They'll also be a great psychological weapon against an opponent who may focus on the Grey Knights and let my Guardsmen do real damage to his force.

It'll also save some money; if I use them, I won't have to buy tons of Guardsmen right away to be able to play

Military tactics are like unto water; for water in its natural course runs away from high places and hastens downwards... Water shapes its course according to the nature of the ground over which it flows; the soldier works out his victory in relation to the foe whom he is facing. Therefore, just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions. He who can modify his tactics in relation to his opponent and thereby succeed in winning, may be called a heaven-born captain.
- Sun Tzu
RogueFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2009, 22:56   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah GK termies are great at close combat and make up for the guard not having the staying power for a close combat fight, I use them to drop down and hit the enemy keeping them away from my guys and then also usually killing who ever they attacked because you can add the GK CC with guards range fire power >
Old 24 Apr 2009, 14:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

By far the best Inquisition addition to the IG is Grey Knights Terminators. With all the infantry in the IG codex, except storm troopers, being almost criminally cheap it won't hurt too bad to include a unit of hard core killing machines to clear assault units off of objectives.