Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Baneblade- Lasrifle
Old 27 Mar 2009, 16:56   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Baneblade- Lasrifle

Hey guys,

I have a Baneblade model with a lasrifle/lasgun sticking out the back of the turret. Am I allowed to fire this? It didn't make any mention of it in the Apocalypse rules, but there is a las rifle sticking out the back of the Baneblade turret.
Can I shoot it?

Thanks!
Burke888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2009, 17:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu
Default Re: Baneblade- Lasrifle

I'm not sure, but I imagine so, however it would count as firing a defensive weapon (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
LordZanuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2009, 18:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

If it's not in the rules, you can't use it. I could make a Russ with eight lascannons sticking out at odd angles, but I couldn't fire them, either.

Also... it's a Baneblade. It has a heavier version of the battle cannon, a demolisher cannon, two lascannons, an autocannon, and three twin-linked heavy bolters.

Are you really going to loose sleep over a single lasgun's firepower on top of that?
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2009, 08:47   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Colonel_Grawpaw

I think in the spirit of Apocalypse you need not get hung up on rules and take a lttle more time to enjoy the smaller fun details that GW's superb studio team adorn their creations with. It's a models driven hobby, that's why we all play or paint and create, it all just looks so chuffing amazing! In games I have played using the baneblade we use the little lasgun as 'insurance' against a cheeky grenade assault against the tank. We envisage the turret gunner picking off or at least distracting the trooper trying to attach the krak/melta bomb to the back of the tank. Therefore we give the tank ONE 4+ save from an assault in which someone in a unit is trying to do evil things to our beautiful metal behemoth.

Again, it's apocalypse, even the core game is just a starting point. Invent rules and build on others to further enhance your experience and immerse yourself in this fantastic world. Don't constrain yourself in the codex, they are there to start you off. Of course this doesn't hold true in tournaments because by their very nature in need of universal rules understood the world over.

So break out the beer and pretzels and enjoy laughing at the little lasguns, the gnoblar lookouts, and every other little detail that the studio pour into some truly gorgeous models. Just have fun and laugh your socks off.
Colonel_Grawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2009, 15:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Graw, everyone is going to hate you for that post. But I think it's a damn fine one anyway.

I would say, whatever, it's one lasgun. Use it as a defensive weapon.

Dra, what you say about sticking 8 lascannons on is not a good point. Sure, you can modify whatever you like, but this kit actually COMES with one, which the pictures show having it one - in other words, games workshop say "it has a lasgun".

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
FrisbeeForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2009, 16:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Don't constrain yourself in the codex, they are there to start you off.
Spoken as only a true Apoc fan could!

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2009, 16:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Dra, what you say about sticking 8 lascannons on is not a good point. Sure, you can modify whatever you like, but this kit actually COMES with one, which the pictures show having it one - in other words, games workshop say "it has a lasgun".
And yet, the rules - also made by Games Workshop, and more relevant than the model by far - contain no reference to such a mounting. In rules terms, that lasgun does not exist.

In addition, I'm almost certain that none of the Forge World variants have such a lasgun mounting. It's certainly nowhere in the rules.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2009, 16:11   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Lasgun is there, in fluff wise, to kill things running up the back of the Baneblade to attack the crew.

I don't really see a purpose of it in game.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2009, 01:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Model wise it's on the tank, GW put it there. Personally I cover it with the extra storage on the back to make the turret look more "beefy" and more in keeping with the size of the Baneblade in general however I would have absolutely no problem letting you fire a single lasgun as normal from the back of the turret with a 90 degree arc of fire or so. It's a single lasgun and the Baneblade is restricted to Apocalypse games so I just have to say... why the heck not?

After all Apocalypse is the thing where I can take a unit of Genestealers to keep my Baneblade company while an Air Cav army of Tau pave the way followed by a counter-attack force of Raven Guard, a single lasgun won't make any difference what so ever but ya never know the strange things that can happen and it's there so why not. :P

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2009, 14:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Oh, and the plastic shadowsword kit has a twin heavy bolter which isn't in the rules. Does it just sit there looking pretty in-game?

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
FrisbeeForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote