Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Armored Battlegroup.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 02:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Armored Battlegroup.

Okay.

So i'm getting my grubby mits on around 6 lemen russ' (1 conqueror, 1 demolisher, 4 standard), 1 basilisk and will have 3 armor fists to go with it... plus some sentinels.

What should I be doing with this as a basis for 1750 and 2000 points?
Old 24 Mar 2009, 13:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Armored Battlegroup.

Armoured Company is no longer legal (yes I know, I was very very upset too).

However. In the new codex, rumour has it we can take up to 9 Russes including Conquerors, so it's not all bad.

Of course, if you're playing in a small club that still allowes chapter approved, I can give you some advice, as I've been playing AC for some time.

(You'll probabally have needed it to be 2000 points)

If you're still interested in using that army list, just say so and I'll give you the benefit of my uninteligabally vast experience ;D

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
FrisbeeForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2009, 00:50   #3 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

I think you can use the new Imperial Guard Codex for this. Though it will cost you a lot especially the compulsory 2 Troop Choice. But let's wait for it before we decide any further.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2009, 01:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Tournaments in Australia allow AC and AB to be run with TO consent.

I'm going to see what I can field in the new Dex, obviously making huge use of armored fist units and heavy support.

But if the new dex fails to live up to its promise then I will probably use the AB rules for my army. Since I can only get two scoring units in AC by way of =][= Storm Trooper Allies.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 09:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You could get 4 if you use both =][= armies, be it 2 IST squads & 2 SoB squads or 4 ISTs. PAGKs of course are out cause they're way too pricy & too fragile.

Since AB is also legal there I suggest asking if you can use the updated IA2 rules for your =][= vehicles. It drops your Chimera & Rhino transports to current ed prices.

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2009, 23:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Okay.

I'm looking for list building advice on an armored battlegroup. Fluff is that this AB has had its command taken over by an inquisitor (a Radical one that still holds power within the inquisition).

Now My command Tank will simply be done up with alot of seals and inquisitorial gear to represent my inquisitors personal battle tank. Now I may ally a DH inquisitor to the list with a land raider transport as well as the command tank although this will get rid of my AF HQ. I do want a commissar tank and alot of slick loaders :P

I'll have by the time this all gets here.

5 (maybe 6) armored fist squads

5 Standard Russ'

1 Exterminator (possibly my Commissar or command Tank)

1 Demolisher

1 Conqueror (my other possible commissar tank)

1 Destroyer tank hunter

1 (maybe 2) Basilisks

2 Hell hounds (this will reduce my AF squads by 1 per hell hound as they are interchangable tanks)

4 heavy flamer sentinels

1 las sentinel

3 auto cannon sentinels

possibly 1 salamander scout

2 Valkryes

So... Anyone willing to help me out here with a generalised list for around 2000 points. This needs to be competitive and have at least 4 AF squads to score with.

Now I have never been a fan of tanks until 5th ed. They are just more survivable now. I'm looking for what tanks I should use in conjunction what tanks, whether sentinels will be worth outflanking etc.