Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Elysians - Where to start?
Old 15 Mar 2009, 17:20   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Elysians - Where to start?

The advantage with grenade launchers the pops up right now is that they're a pretty decent all round weapon, they inflict instant death to any GEQ character. And one of the best things is that they are really easy to get your hands on bits wise the cadian box sets comes with 4 of them currently.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 17:43   #12 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Genocide
The advantage with grenade launchers the pops up right now is that they're a pretty decent all round weapon, they inflict instant death to any GEQ character. And one of the best things is that they are really easy to get your hands on bits wise the cadian box sets comes with 4 of them currently.
Yes, that's what I figured. The basic idea I have at the moment looks like this:

Vets are deployed via deep strike with Grenade Launchers, and try to hang back.

Stormtroopers with Plasma are deployed via Valkyrie, and go toe to toe with the enemies of the Emperor. The new Hellguns and the Plasma weaponry should make short work of a combat squad of Marines (Plasma kills two, rapid firing Hellguns 3 more).

Infantry squads deploy via Deep Strike, and are either armed with Grenade Launchers, or Flamers. Depending on the new Codex, they have heavy weapon teams with them (mostly Rocket Launchers), deployed safely behind them (profiting from the new platoon drill rule).

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2009, 18:51   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I am currently in the process of starting a guard army and i'm at about 800 points currently, i am building an army similar to yours in tactics it seems, i'm doing Harkoian Warhawks, Carapace armor, Drop troops, and lots of rapid fire/assault weapons. My only deployed forces will most likely be heavy weapons squads. Hopefully drop guard gets a rule similar to drop pod assault or Deathwing assault, (half turn 1, the rest in reserve) but i'm not holding my breath. I think your army has alot of potential and i do love the Elysian models.

Good luck and may the emperor be with you.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 21:35   #14 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Genocide
I am currently in the process of starting a guard army and i'm at about 800 points currently, i am building an army similar to yours in tactics it seems, i'm doing Harkoian Warhawks, Carapace armor, Drop troops, and lots of rapid fire/assault weapons. My only deployed forces will most likely be heavy weapons squads. Hopefully drop guard gets a rule similar to drop pod assault or Deathwing assault, (half turn 1, the rest in reserve) but i'm not holding my breath. I think your army has alot of potential and i do love the Elysian models.

Good luck and may the emperor be with you.
Actually, I'm going Harakoni Warhawks, too, just using the Elysian models - or, alternatively, Phantine Skyborne, but I haven't decided yet (and I definitely need to read Double Eagle before doing so). AAAAND I still need to settle for a color scheme, but, meh, time will tell.

I won't be buying much before the new Dex comes out, just a unit of Hardened Vets and maybe an infantry squad; I don't fancy spending lots of money on FW stuff before I actually know the rules I'm going to use
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote