Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What to get next?
Old 31 Jan 2009, 23:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default What to get next?

C&C welcome.

Well, as the title says I'm a little undecided on what to add to my army to bing it up to 2500 points. I run a chaos, siege regiment, that features massed infantry running forward getting up close to the enemy, then hoping massed numbers can win the day, while my heavy weapons hold the line and provide covering fire.

Here's my current list

Command Squad -Heroic Senior Officer, powerweapon, meltabombs, Iron disiplin, Meltagun, mastervox, bannar, medic

Vetran Squad -10x Vetrans (with shotguns ) 2x meltaguns, powerfist

Platoon I
Command Squad -Junior Officer, 4x flamers, bolt pistol, power weapon, meltabomb
Squad -Meltagun, vox
Squad -Meltagun, vox
Squad -Meltagun, vox
Squad -Meltagun, vox
Squad -Meltagun, vox

Platoon II
Command Squad -Junior Officer, 4x flamers, bolt pistol, power weapon, meltabomb
Squad - Heavy Bolter, vox
Squad - Plasmagun, vox
Squad - Plasmagun, vox

Rough Riders (5)
-Hunting lances, meltabombs

Rough Riders (5)
-Hunting lances, meltabombs

Leman Russ -Lascannon, heavybolter

Leman Russ -Lascannon, heavybolter

Leman Russ demolisher -lascannon, plasmacannons

I got all of the models second hand for free of for 20 bucks, except the rough riders which are converted chaos maruaders and 60 guard I got for christmas and my B-day (yay I'm 15!). Right now I'm waiting on my 10 renegade militia that I ordered from forgeworld, and when I go to GW to pick them up I can get some other stuff as well.

C&C welcome as always.

"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2009, 00:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: What to get next?

Throw in some Stormtroopers. Let them infiltrate so take out some nice targets in the back while your main lines run forward.

You could also throw more guardsmen in there. Maybe some conscripts to take fire while your melta squads get in closer.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2009, 00:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'd say grab up another platoon. Bodies are never a bad thing, and from what I understand of the new codex they're getting cheaper, so more is better!

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2009, 17:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Maybe I could get two boxes of guard (40 men) cadien and catachan then mix and match, plus the renegade militia (10 men) and an extra box of 5 cadiens for a total of 55 men or a full platoon! I like the stormtrooper idea and I found some that I think would be cool if I did a little conversion, gave them rebreathers, here's a linky http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod1070103.

**EDIT** All my guard that I have bought myself and built myself are heavily converted and based. I'll post pics in showcase when I'm done painting some, I just finished priming a batch of 60.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.

Surrender - or die.
Old 03 Feb 2009, 23:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

another squad of veterans... can't beat a 20 strong forward firebase...
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2009, 08:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

I'd agree with adding more bodies. Another platoon would work wonders.
Five more squads and a Command give lots of more targets, but I'd suggest arming three squads with Flamers and two with Meltas, or even Grenade Launchers. Nice assault-weapons to take down infantry.
Though, I'm not sure about adding so many Flamers to the Command squads.
Perhaps one or two is enough, as command sections goes down easily due to their low numbers.

And a suggestion as you run Traitor Guard. You could add some Ogryns to the mix. I think ForgeWorld actually have some models in that regard.
Chton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2009, 01:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

forge world does have nurgle ogyrns. I have no ideal on the stats. also I think they look really messed up. nurgle is not my cup of tea.
Old 05 Feb 2009, 21:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
forge world does have nurgle ogyrns. I have no ideal on the stats. also I think they look really messed up. nurgle is not my cup of tea.
I play plaguemarines and I am a big fan of nurgle (typhon [my previous name] turned to typhus-herald of nurgle)

Surrender - or die.
Old 06 Feb 2009, 14:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

You cannot go wrong with 180+ bodies.

Though, I would make each platoon a little smaller, and split it into two smaller armies - that way you get some more force organisation slots. Just an idea.

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
FrisbeeForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2009, 14:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu

I would maybe get a squad of sentinels with Autocannons
or
You could get a hellhound
or
Basilisk
or
*fetches IG Codex* some more troops
or
some Stormtroopers/Hardened Veterans
or
Commissar Yarrick

sorry for being a bit brief and vague

Got to go, Dentists. Yay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
LordZanuu is offline   Reply With Quote