Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is this Unreasonable
Old 23 Jan 2009, 23:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to D Black
Default Is this Unreasonable

My Imperial guard Army is a army of convicts that speciallise in hit and run city Gurrialla warfare.

My question is:
Would it be unreasonable to use the Catachans Codex but all "jungle" is replaced by "ruins"

so all the same Catachan rules different setting

It seems fair to me because they're now fighting in jungle is almost identical to fighting in ruins in the game now (same movement/sight restrictions, same cover save's)

Wadda you's think

Quote from: Wargamer

Metal fans are allowed to use stereotyped generalisations of other types of music. Why? Because the "avatar" of Rap and similar music is a binged up black guy who holds his gun in such a way as he will probably shoot his own foot off in a gunfight. The avatar of Metal is a bearded, unwashed Scandinavian guy who kills you, your family, your town, your country and the neighbouring country because there isn't much else to do up in the snowy fjords of Vikingland.
D Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2009, 00:01   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Is this Unreasonable

It's nice for a House Rule. So, get your opponent to agree with first.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2009, 01:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
It's nice for a House Rule. So, get your opponent to agree with first.
Well yeah it's technically breaking the rules but the guy's i reguarly play are fine with thing's like house rule's normally.

They even agreed to let me play with My Command and Conquer Soviets (rules in the house rule section for those intrested) when i build them, So i probably shouldnt havr a problem. I was just curious if anyone else saw a Thing that "breaks" em

You know what i'll even drop the Deathworld Toxins

Metal fans are allowed to use stereotyped generalisations of other types of music. Why? Because the "avatar" of Rap and similar music is a binged up black guy who holds his gun in such a way as he will probably shoot his own foot off in a gunfight. The avatar of Metal is a bearded, unwashed Scandinavian guy who kills you, your family, your town, your country and the neighbouring country because there isn't much else to do up in the snowy fjords of Vikingland.
Old 24 Jan 2009, 06:08   #4 (permalink)
Cogsley

Well as for the poisons there are some pretty nasty toxins at the bottom of a hive sump pit maybe your guys collect some of the more effective of those, Or plague zombie drool or some goop that comes out of really mutated things.
Old 24 Jan 2009, 08:53   #5 (permalink)
L4st Chancer

I'd say thats more than reasonable, I think its a great idea. I've always wanted to see a true city-fighter army, and really, what's the difference in game mechanic between Jungle and City? Same saves...same area terrain...and your guys are packing Flamers, ideal city weapons. Unless you're walking down an alley and a sniper hits the tank. Then you're squad is incinerated.

But yeah, I say go for it, and post pics.

I wonder if in the next edition of the Tau book 10 years from now if they'll extend this to Kroot. Not enough people play with 'jungle' or 'forest' terrain...especially after the release of the Cities of Death terrain....
Old 24 Jan 2009, 11:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Right that settles it then, thanks for all your help