Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Armored Corp
Old 21 Jan 2009, 09:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Armored Corp

Not really a guard player, I do have a small guard army which is gathering dust under the bed but with the advent of the new codex coming I was wondering if an fully armored corp will be optional.

I have the current dex which does not allow it ( if i remember rightly ) but I also remember GW putting some rules up to allow it in the past. However I prefer to stick to codice for my lists so will the armoured corp make a showing do you think or know ?

I like tanks and an army made of just tanks would be great imo.
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 09:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Armored Corp

You can do an Armoured Corps, but you would have to have some mechanised infantry.

Personally I'm hoping they allow Armoured Fist Squads Troops as the points cost of a fully mechanised platoon is prohibitively high. I imagine it will be character based by Codex: SM, so likely you'll have an officer with transport who allows mechanised infantry. Maybe even a tank commander who allows Leman Russ as Troops (now that would be awesome, especially with the Squadron of 1-3 LRBT rumour).

Just a thought.

Extartius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 11:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Afaik there has been nothing in the rumour mill about amoured company making it into the codex.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 13:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I wouldn't discount it. Just because the rumour mill hasn't picked up on it doesn't mean it won't happen. Just look at Orks/SM.

Ork Warboss, Ork Big Mek, SM Captain on Bike etc.

The trend at the moment, which started with Orks, seems to be for HQ units to define the army. Pretty much all the named SM characters have some special rule that alters the way the army works, and it would make even more sense with Guard because apparently doctrines are gone...

I'm just speculating here, and perhaps holding out some idle hope that they'll kill seven birds with one stone without completely mauling the army as a whole...

Old 21 Jan 2009, 18:45   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

look what i found on the aussie website

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/4...mpany/list.htm
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Old 21 Jan 2009, 22:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I prefer the IA lists, simply because the options fit together better, and to be honest they're just as likely to be accepted at tournaments as this one, at least in my limited experience.

Old 26 Jan 2009, 07:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldcoast
look what i found on the aussie website

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/4...mpany/list.htm
In our community this GW armored company list is more accepted than the IA5 just for the reason that everyone can download and study the weblink and not everyone has IA.

omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2009, 14:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

that may be true but at least the armored battlegroup can win games

The armored company list can only win by killing every enemy model on the table. even with all those ordinance templates it's harder than it sounds.
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2009, 15:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyboy
that may be true but at least the armored battlegroup can win games

The armored company list can only win by killing every enemy model on the table. even with all those ordinance templates it's harder than it sounds.
So a leman russ that counts as a troops choice can not hold objectives ?
Old 26 Jan 2009, 15:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Vehicles can never count as scoring unless they have a specific rule stating otherwise, which no vehicle in the game has.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote