Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What If: The new codex is a let down?
Old 20 Jan 2009, 16:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default What If: The new codex is a let down?

Like the title says, what if the new IG codex really is a big let down? :-\ We get all the good rumors and we jump up and about in excitement.

What do you fear losing most? What would you do if the new IG is like the Smurf one? I've heard about codex creep, how would that apply to the IG?
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 16:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: What If: The new codex is a let down?

If our codex is like the SMurf one, then for once people will whine and complain about the IG being overpowered.

I just fear using our mortality, our human nature with lots of fancy gizmos and what not. I want us to stay as the guard, with ancient technology and lots of manpower, things that are unlikely to change.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 16:43   #3 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

I always got Orks to fall back on but looking at the new Codices namely Ork, Eldar, Chaos Space Marines and the more recent Chaos Daemons and Space Marines, it doesn't seem too bad for the Guard.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 17:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If its a let down i use forge world rules and sell my cadians.
The buy some death korps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piedmon
Phwoar.
manic-swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 17:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

What do ya'll fear losing most?

I'm rather fond of doctrines myself.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 18:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

The option of having 4 special weapons in command squads.
But I can live with that what I fear more is losing the ability to take sisters/grey knights (more inquisitor codex really) and losing the flavour of the guard. (ok I got 100 guardsmen to deploy then when your almost done "lets not forget the tank" and you put another 5 vehicles on the table which will stay stationary for most of the game (I don't want manuever guard that's Tau, guard are with many have the best tanks in the game and can stuff more infantry up your Throat then you can handle))

But I'll see what games workshop cooks up.

PS: And troops with deep strike.
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 19:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Fingon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodfire
The option of having 4 special weapons in command squads.
But I can live with that what I fear more is losing the ability to take sisters/grey knights (more inquisitor codex really) and losing the flavour of the guard. (ok I got 100 guardsmen to deploy then when your almost done "lets not forget the tank" and you put another 5 vehicles on the table which will stay stationary for most of the game (I don't want manuever guard that's Tau, guard are with many have the best tanks in the game and can stuff more infantry up your Throat then you can handle))

But I'll see what games workshop cooks up.

PS: And troops with deep strike.
Well, I wouldn't really mind if the suicidel command squads would go away as long as they give the command squads a better role. Also you can also take special weapon teams for replacment.

How does one kill that which has no life?

The statement below is false
----------------------------
The statement above is true
Fingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 19:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

Does your command squad with 4 plasma guns deep strike or do they make it very dangerous for terminators to deep strike anywhere near your gun base? (I know what the answer is)
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 20:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikabane Hime
Like the title says, what if the new IG codex really is a big let down? :-\
Then I'll have a lot of work to do. :P

But seriously, if the rumours hold true, we have a lot to look forward to and will find a way to make things right.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 20:47   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Fingon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodfire
Does your command squad with 4 plasma guns deep strike or do they make it very dangerous for terminators to deep strike anywhere near your gun base? (I know what the answer is)
It wasn't about whether they are usefull or not,I dont really think the officers are supposed to do much combat anyway, they should be commanding not being a terminator reppelant. ;D

How does one kill that which has no life?

The statement below is false
----------------------------
The statement above is true
Fingon is offline   Reply With Quote