Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Renexian 16th Marksmen questions
Old 16 Dec 2008, 08:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Renexian 16th Marksmen questions

I'm starting up an army based off the Cadian shocktroopers,
They hail from the planet of Renex, officially categorised as Lucius IV, and the site of a Schola Prodgenium training facility, it is also in the same system as Lucius Prime (II) the major forgeworld, maning that it has a large supply of tanks and super heavies to call on. The troopers from Renex are also brilliant marksmen.

Doctrines
Storm Trooper Squads (highly trained schola operatives)
Ratling squads (elite human snipers from the schola (cadian sniper models) )
Independent Commissars
Sharpshooters (not sure but it fits my fluff)
Close Order Drill OR Techpriest Enginseers (cant decide)

Colourscheme
They are be painted to blend in with the ash wastes of their homeworld (and my modular terrain board(not that skull mad GW one)) so their fatigues are astronomican grey and their armour adeptus battlegrey, they then have freehand symbols painted onto their shoulderpads by me in white, and here I hit my problem, on their left shoulder they bear the symbol XVI for the 16th and on their right shoulder ther are going to bear the symbol of the commissariat, the only problem is that I don't know what this is, is it a stylised C like the inquisition I? I really need help on that one

What do you think?
Rmyr

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
Shasau Rmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2008, 11:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Renexian 16th Marksmen questions

I like the idea of snipers too, but I hate those stupid ratling models!

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2008, 15:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

I don't think the Commisariat has an emblem per se. They're marked out by their dress instead of a rosette. If it were anything, I imagine it would be an Aquila.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 20:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Jordan is right..

There is no symbol or emblem for the Commissariat.. They make use of the Aquila a lot as well as Skulls. They are generally marked out by a long coat and that fancy hat.

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Trillian_1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2008, 21:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'd go with some skull motif, or your previous idea of a stylised C

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
I like the idea of snipers too, but I hate those stupid ratling models!
I know! they hurt, when you step on them purposefully... :-\ I've never seen that many ones.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2008, 21:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

As said, a skull is a safe bet, especially if wreathed in laurels.

The Commissariat cap badge is indirectly stated in some books as laureled skull, but others say it's a simple Aquila.

Since there's no definitive answer, I guess it leaves you to paint whatever looks best in your opinion.

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Ge. Stankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2008, 03:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

pretty sure another emblem of the commissariat is the scarlet sash. They make a big deal about it in the Cain books, especially the newest one where they make mention that commissar cadets are given their sash after completing their training, as the final mark of a full commissar.

so fancy peaked hat, scarlet sash, and black greatcoat. Though it could hurt your idea if you planned to have the commissars in camo. They are know for the black uniform, it hurts camo in artic/snowy and desert environments.

Guess you could use like a black shoulder pad with a red aquilla(silver may be good too) or just a skull that seems pretty much like something a commissar would wear too(don't know about colors, maybe black shoulder with white skull).
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2008, 16:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Johnnyboy, My regiment aren't commissars, just from a planet where they have a major influence, so camo isn't a problem, I just wanted them to have a commissarial symbol
The symbol is now a Stylysed C with wings, a good compromise I think.
In other (but on topic) news I've just got a 1/48 (same as warhammer40k) scale Bristol Beaufighter, which I am going to convert into a thunderbolt fighter, expect pics of it and my other troops some time in the spring
Any more comments welcome,
Rmyr

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
Old 18 Dec 2008, 00:34   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Either in the Guard codex or in the rulebook under guard, don't they mention a guard army that's like yours? Schola progenium cadets or something? They have a picture of each one, so you might find something useful there.
Originally Posted by BRC
The W40k universe is like a hobo with a terminal disease tied to some railroad tracks in the middle of a warzone.
And that's not awesome how?
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2008, 07:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Kane, do you mean terrax guard, I chose not to play them because I thought that they were just TOO commissarey