Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Commissar Question?
Old 14 Dec 2008, 16:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Commissar Question?

If I'm a junior officer in a squad with a commissar ans a vox caster. I have another squad with a vox caster. The other squad decides to use the junior officer leadership and the squad fails the morale check. Would the commissar shot the junior officer. Also would the squad use the base officer leadership or the bonus that the commissar gives.

Also if I'm using a trade mark item the commissar would never kill the officer than right. Due to having a trade mark item and commissar the junior officer will pass all leadership test right.
Old 14 Dec 2008, 16:30   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Commissar Question?

Quote:
If I'm a junior officer in a squad with a commissar ans a vox caster. I have another squad with a vox caster. The other squad decides to use the junior officer leadership and the squad fails the morale check. Would the commissar shot the junior officer. Also would the squad use the base officer leadership or the bonus that the commissar gives.
Yes, the Commissar will shoot dead the Officer thus that squad that failed it's morale test is considered to have passed the test instead. No Commissar's "+1 to Leadership" can't be conveyed through the Vox-Caster so the squad has to use the base leadership of the Officer.
Quote:
Also if I'm using a trade mark item the commissar would never kill the officer than right. Due to having a trade mark item and commissar the junior officer will pass all leadership test right.
If you have failed a Morale Test despite re-rolling then the Officer will be shot dead as well but whether or not they need to do the Morale Test to see whether they fall back; I dunno honestly.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2008, 16:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Quote:
Yes, the Commissar will shoot dead the Officer thus that squad that failed it's morale test is considered to have passed the test instead. No Commissar's "+1 to Leadership" can't be conveyed through the Vox-Caster so the squad has to use the base leadership of the Officer.
Quote:
If you have failed a Morale Test despite re-rolling then the Officer will be shot dead as well but whether or not they need to do the Morale Test to see whether they fall back; I dunno honestly.
So basically if another squad fails my commissar will shot my big guy. Even with the trade mark and the officer fails twice than he will get shot.

I'm gonna quote cause to me this rule is a bit confussing. pg.41

" If he had a trademark item, no morale test is required in this case. The unit in question is assumed to past the morale test after all and continues to fight under the leadership of the commissar."

The way I'm getting this is basically he's fearless. or he uses the leadership of the commissar. But it mentions that it is assumed he past. So what i 'm getting at is what happens again if your HQ unit has a trade mark with commissar and a vox caster. Than another unit uses his leadership and fails what will happen to the junior officer. I'm assuming nothing happens to him with the trade mark. But the trademark is not conveyed through the vox.
Old 15 Dec 2008, 01:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

you can't use a commissar's bonus with the vox-caster, no LD bonus like iron discipline, trademark items or the commissar's LD bonus is transfered by the vox. If they are in the 12" range of the officer's leadership bubble then they do get said bonuses(not including trademark item because that only works on the squad you're with.

but if the squad using the officer's leadership fails the LD check you're officer is not shot. The summary execution rules stat that
Quote:
Originally Posted by IG Codex pg. 41
If the unit with a Commissar fails a morale check for any reason, the commissar will summarily execute the officer or sergeant leading the squad.
so only if the unit with the officer and commissar fails a morale check will the officer be killed.

[hr]
If a commissar executes an officer with a trademark item does he take another morale check... good question actually.

*looks in book*

ok.

No the squad will not take another test. For RAW, the wording on the commissar's ability is the officer is not "Killed" or "Slain" but "Summarily executed" so he could not have to take a second test.

sometimes you just have to look really well at the wording of the abilities in question.
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote