Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Lord Solar Macharius
Closed Thread
Old 13 Dec 2008, 16:59   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Lord Solar Macharius

OK, I have the chance to get a Lord Solar model, and I know there are rules for him(in fact, I used to have them!) However, I cannot find them anywhere! So, if anyone has them, would you care to share them with me?
Old 13 Dec 2008, 17:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Lord Solar Macharius

I know that Games workshop used to have an article on 'rules for special IG characters' (had the rules for Lord Solar Macharius, Nork Deddog, and som1 else)on their site, but since the stupid site makeover it seems to have disappeared, I have searched long and hard and it is no longer there!
The only hope is that someone copied the rules of the site and still has them somewhere, all i can remember is macharius had IC, Fearless (confers to any squad he joins) and a bolt pistol, power wep, 2+normal 4+inv, 4 atks (without 2 wep bonus), and WS5 BS5 (I think) and his special version of Rites Of Battle
so here is a guesstimated profile from what I know

WS BS S T A W I LD SV PTS
5 5 3 3 4 4? 4? Fearless 2+ 4++ about 150 I think

IC, Fearless, bolt pistol, Power Wep, rites of battle (all troops LD 10 NOT FEARLESS)

I think that that is Roughly correct but I hope that someone did copy his profile of GW or it is gone forever :'(

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 17:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

BoLS has rules depicting Macharius at the beginning of his Crusade in their campaign book, which are fairly similar to the "official" rules. But I still have the "official" rules in paper form. So here they are:

[Rules removed because of GW IP]

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 18:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

How can the rules be under GW IP if they are in no offical books, nor upon their web site?
Old 13 Dec 2008, 18:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Mutant Hunter why cant lord solar just put the rules up, they arent an official GW publication and WERE NEVER COPYRIGHTED!

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 19:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Castellan Rmyr
Mutant Hunter why cant lord solar just put the rules up, they arent an official GW publication and WERE NEVER COPYRIGHTED!

I would like to know where you got that impression.. The rules for Macharius are in the 3rd Edition Guard codex.. In fact I have them opened in front of me right now.. and if we flip to the front..

"Produced by Games Workshop

Citadel and the Citadel logo.. Blah.. Blah.. trademarks of Games Workshop..

Armoured Fist, Basilisk, Chimera, Codex, Colonel Schaeffer, Commissar Yarrick.. blah blah.. Sentinel, (Here we are..)
SOLAR MACHARIUS and Vanquisher are all trademarks of Games Workshop Ltd..

Blah.. Blah.."

So, yes.. they are copyrighted..

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Old 13 Dec 2008, 19:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

To post something that is GW copyrighted, is against the forum rules, you're lucky no other action has been taken.

Old 13 Dec 2008, 22:15   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Thanks, I've got them now, mods lock?
Old 14 Dec 2008, 07:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Aaaahhhh OK sorry GW never said anythink about their copyright of the rules they put on their site and I hadn't realised that they had already been published under copyright

Waaaaittt a sec, is the 3rd ed guard codex the current one that will soon be replaced? because if it is, it does not have Macharius's rules in...

Anyway I really suggest ppl download the Macharian Crusade Campaign Supplement from BoLS, it is brilliant and you dont nececarily have to use the campain rules, I am currently converting my army into Cadian Rangers even though I don't plan to play the campaign

Old 14 Dec 2008, 12:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

The rules for the Lord solar model are in the Codex prior to the current 3rd edition codex currently being used by guard players.

Locked.
Closed Thread