Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ideal Commissar
Old 06 Dec 2008, 20:13   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Ideal Commissar

Sup, peeps? Anyways, Lots of people (1) want to know what is the best stuff to give a Commissar in general.This is what I Said:
power weapon, bolt pistol, krak grenades, carapace armour (most standard guns are AP:5), refractor field and bionics.
Got any better stuff? Thanks ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
| |
| | |
lensy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2008, 20:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Ideal Commissar

power weapon, bolt pistol, krak grenades, carapace armour refractor field and bionics.

power weapon, (plasma pistol) and refractor field (frag grenades).

-lets face it we do play the most expendible team in the game so why bother with saves and such.
-Krak grenades are nice but save tank hunting to more expendible guys like stormies.
-The bolt pistols suck, plasmas are much better at taking down large targets.
-Can't remember what refracters do and io can't find my codex, but since i don't know what it is and have been playing guard for roughly two years it can't be all that great.

and its roughly the same points.

Guardsmen-
http://bobthebuilt.deviantart.com/ar...oster-98448744
click on it.

Apature science would to remind you that the weighted companion cube does not speak and if does it is recommended that you disregard its advice
thedestroyerofworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2008, 21:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Why give them anything? 40 points is extremely expensive for a guard unit. I only use them for the +1 LD to my HSO, and only in games larger than 1k

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2008, 21:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

If I were to run one (I currently don't but plan to), I would give him a power fist and a bolt pistol, as I believe that the best way to work in a higher strength CCW is with a Commissar (and he looks bad D'yi). I would take this guy with Independent Commissars, and run him with a unit of 50 Conscripts. That unit would either stay in cover (if possible) to hold down any objectives in my deployment zone, or, in Annihilation they would be a meat shield to more fragile and/or less useful kill points (E.G. command squads).

With 52 wounds, they are fairly resilient even in flak armour. Plus, if they get charged, they aren't going anywhere (besides a massive CC unit like 30 Boyz or Chaos Termie champs, but there are better things to kill than Conscripts) as the Commissar just plugs a 4 point model and they stay put.

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2008, 21:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensy6
Sup, peeps? Anyways, Lots of people (1) want to know what is the best stuff to give a Commissar in general.This is what I Said:
power weapon, bolt pistol, krak grenades, carapace armour (most standard guns are AP:5), refractor field and bionics.
Got any better stuff? Thanks ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Giving a commissar all of that adds up, really fast. I prefer, cheap, and effective, I usually take 5 commissares, as I feild a massed infantry assault wave type force, if half my officers are shot in the process, but my army doesn't run away. Awsome!

I usually only take a power weapon, and a bolt pistol, sometimes plasma, if I've got the points, and that's for my independant Comissares.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Dec 2008, 19:30   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Remember this golden rule;

Commissars are NOT Independent Characters!

That means you can't single them out. That means, so long as there are other models alive in the unit, he's safe.

Use this to your advantage; slap on a Power Fist, and massacre everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Dec 2008, 20:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

The only problem with not making them IC's is that in order to have one attached to say a 50-man squad of conscripts, you need to take enough to fill in all of your officer retinues first. Pretty crappy.

Old 08 Dec 2008, 03:50   #8 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
The only problem with not making them IC's is that in order to have one attached to say a 50-man squad of conscripts, you need to take enough to fill in all of your officer retinues first. Pretty crappy.
Unless you take the Independent Commissar Doctrine
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Dec 2008, 05:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

But then they're IC's are are easily singled out in CC. Also the base cost is increased to 50 points per model. That's outrageous for IG. So in that case Commissar with a power fist does jack. Personally I only use them for a plus 1ld to my HSO and only in 1.5K+

Old 08 Dec 2008, 12:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

personally I just give my commisars the same equipment as the officer they are with.

I run two. One with a power fist(my favorite) and one with a power weapon and plasma pistol(mostly to give a second officer LD10, to spread LD around). And because I run hardened fighters and carapace they have a 4+ save and WS 5(hits marines on 3s ;D ) Of course I'll only send them against tactical marines and devastators(And other non-CC based units, made alot easier with deep strike) but shoot the hell out of the CC units.

they do pretty well and I've yet to see a marine squad come out well of 7 power fist attacks(9 on the charge) and that's not counting the normal attacks from the guardsmen themself.
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote