Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Preparing for the new Imperial Guard Codex?
Old 19 Nov 2008, 01:58   #1 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Preparing for the new Imperial Guard Codex?

Yes, I know it's still rumors and speculation but you can't deny that some of us are already preparing for the new Imperial Guard Codex :P For me, I got enough Heavy Weapons and enough Guardsmen. BUT we still are gonna have new models thus I'm working (right now actually :P I'm such a lazy asshole >) to get money for the Imperial Guard Spearhead and/or Advance Order stuff.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2008, 19:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Preparing for the new Imperial Guard Codex?

Hardly applies to me since I intend to go Ad Mech all the way. Thus, the only new models that could interest me are vehicles and Techpriests. I feel like Tzeentch Daemons all over again - rules love, but no new models for me to mess around with.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2008, 19:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Merqu

I'm actually holding off starting till new release. In case of new gaurdsmen model. Like the rumored great coats ;D and multi choice Leman Russes
Merqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2008, 20:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Im holding off until there released to, made my own regiment of civilized viking type dudes (like the soldiers in Too Human). Yggdrasil 1st Infantry, its name has a place in one of my favorite books, Yggdrasil (hope I spelled it right :P) is kinda like a tree that represents the entire world, wrote a whole page on the regiments fluff and am totaly looking forward to these new guard comming out, just have to find a way to sell my catachans first though
Old 19 Nov 2008, 21:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'm going to have at least $300-500 put aside for the new wave of Guardsmen, mainly the non tank models since I already have 12 Leman russes going on 15. I hope they put out a Sentinal that comes in one box but allows all the configurations.
ct_drummer_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2008, 21:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'm hoping for some new guardsmen models (in plastic!) to add to my army drawn from dozens of regiments. (representing traitors desserting and joining under the bannar of chaos). A cheaper ($)plastic hellhound would be cool, I might actually buy/use it...
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2008, 00:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm quite satisfied with the guardsmen models. I'm just looking forward to some new rules and a better balance.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2008, 01:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
I&#39;m quite satisfied with the guardsmen models. I&#39;m just looking forward to some new rules and a better balance.
What pray tell is wrong with it at the moment?
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2008, 01:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

The codex isn&#39;t completely compatable with 5th edition. Also we&#39;ve seen units come down in cost in other armies or get things added to them to make them more cost efficient and I&#39;d like to see the same for us.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2008, 01:44   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
The codex isn&#39;t completely compatable with 5th edition. Also we&#39;ve seen units come down in cost in other armies or get things added to them to make them more cost efficient and I&#39;d like to see the same for us.
Plus an average guard army gives of a ludicrous amount of KP&#39;s
ct_drummer_boi is offline   Reply With Quote