Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Sentinel parts
Old 03 Nov 2008, 16:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Sentinel parts

Starting to collect Baal PDF army, planning to have it Sentinel heavy, and have a question about what is in each set;
The standard sentinel kit sold by GW for 12 I believe only has the multilaser, catachan buzzsaw and heavy flamer options - am I correct?
Am I correct that the 15 Cadian Sentinel, in addition to the options above, has options for autocannon, lascannon, extra armour and armoured crew compartment?
I plan to have sentinels with armoured crew compartments and autocannons, I believe that I need to get the Cadian Sentinel for this, but if I don't please tell me, so I don't waste 3 each time!
Replies appreciated.
Rmyr

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
Shasau Rmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2008, 16:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday
Default Re: Sentinel parts

I'm not 100% sure but I think the cadian sentinel only has the multlaser and autocannon, along with the extra armour. The armoured crew compartment and lascannon come in the armageddon sentinel. The Armageddon sentinel also has pieces that could be counted as extra armour.
Old 04 Nov 2008, 06:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Again, though, it is really easy just to stick a bit of plastic on the roof of a cadian sentinel and say it has a armored crew compartment.

Darth_Riah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2008, 08:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Right I've pulled my finger out and bought 1 of each kit
12 Standard has Multilaser
18 cadian has multilaser, autocannon and extra armour
18 armageddon has lascannon, armoured crew compartment, extra armour, improved comms and searchlight

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
Old 07 Nov 2008, 09:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via AIM to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via MSN to Xeran Van Houten

So the cheap one doesn't have the flamer in it? I thought it showed that on front of the box or somewhere on the box... or something like that...
lame...
Old 07 Nov 2008, 09:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

actualy the cheap one does contain the heavy flamer
i think shasau Rmyr maybe forgot that
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2008, 10:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodfire
actualy the cheap one does contain the heavy flamer
Not any more it doesn't; Games Workshop removed the Catachan Sentinel from general sale a while ago. These days the only way to get the sprue, and the Heavy Flamer on it, is to bits order it here.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2008, 18:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

That's correct Thespian - I was suprised to see the flamer missing aswell but i HAVE heard rumours of a new catachan sentinel kit soon or mabe with new IG codex.....
Just played a 750pt game with my 3 new sentinels...BANG :'(...BANG :'(...BANG :'(... I HATE > vanguard vets (heroic intervention and all with meltabombs) Then again this did put them in a perfect position to get chewed up by my Russ >

Old 07 Nov 2008, 18:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Umm... how'd that happen? Didn't you have FoC room for them to be separate units?
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2008, 08:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Nope i had them all in one unit - prety stupid of me but i thought it would be better to have their firepower concentrated - even more stupid when i think about it - lascannon, multi-laser and autocannon in one squad :-\
but their sacrifice was well worth it when his 10 - man vanguard squad lost 7 members to my 'Russ's battlecannon - my command squad then joined in - plasma pistol killing 1, meltagun killing 1 and the survivor failed his check ;D and fled off the board ( probably thanks to my russ splating the SM captain last turn ) In fact that Russ - over the course of the battle - killed 7 vanguard vets, captain, 6 tac marines and 2 rhinos and the Russ finally Lascannoned his last tac marine (no 7 ^-^)off his home objective to make a 1-0 C&C victory for me