Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

A veteran IG army
Closed Thread
Old 15 May 2005, 22:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 204
Default A veteran IG army

Hi all!

After readin' many posts here, I have finally made up my mind about the way I want my IG to look. A veteran one, the type of IG army that have seen many battles, been in the heart of hell many times! So, I was lookin' at the Doctrine section and here's what I'm thinking to use for it:

Veterans
Hardened Fighters
Heavy weapon platoons
Die hard
[glow=red,2,300]Need one more here[/glow] (special weapon team? iron dicipline?)

My army will be heavy in missile launchers and grenade launchers (I play way to much at Killzone! ) I will max out on infantry, few tanks (most of them being chimeras). I want Sentinels, espacially one squadron with the rules from FW that allows missile launcher or mutiple rocket pod! I plan on using them at close range where I will use mass rapid fire! 8)

Well, that's a quick look at it! Any suggestion before I make a first list?

Thanks!

Chaplain Thu'Ook
Promethean Cultist
ChaplainThuOok is offline  
Old 15 May 2005, 22:19   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On the Midnight Ocean
Posts: 26,404
Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: A veteran IG army

Consider using Iron Discipline as your last Doctrine.

Be sure to post up a list for us to check out soon.
__________________
Farewell, Kangaroo Joe, you shall not be forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline  
Old 15 May 2005, 23:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 163
Send a message via AIM to skink
Default Re: A veteran IG army

You dont HAVE to use up all 5 doctrines, and what you have is fine, remember, doctrines take up valuble points, which are sometimes better spent of special and heavy weapons. I guess if you want another one it could be mechanized, as you said you wanted chimeras, or maybe light infantry, beucae they would be adept at fighting in certain environments. Since you are going to have multiple veteran squads, i would say that special weapons are a waste. Perhaps they have been in a campaign against a specific enemy, so they could use xeno-hunters, or Shaprshooters since they have had som much practice. Just choose what you want, but remember that guard work well with less points in upgrades and more in numbers.
__________________
I can foresee two codices in the grim darkness of the future: Codex:Space Marines and Codex: Not Space Marines.

Only idiots buy direct from GW, and then they usually turn around and complain about prices.
skink is offline  
Old 16 May 2005, 00:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 204
Default Re: A veteran IG army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Consider using Iron Discipline as your last Doctrine.

Be sure to post up a list for us to check out soon.
That's probably what I'll do. It's cheap and quite usefull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slannm
You dont HAVE to use up all 5 doctrines, and what you have is fine, remember, doctrines take up valuble points, which are sometimes better spent of special and heavy weapons.
I know but I want to have 5 doctrines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slannm
I guess if you want another one it could be mechanized, as you said you wanted chimeras, or maybe light infantry, beucae they would be adept at fighting in certain environments.
Not mechanized... I want some chimeras but not for all my IG squads... for Armored Fists and Veterans mostly. As for light infantry, could be an option... but I would prefer City fighters! Too bad there's none like this... :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by slannm
Since you are going to have multiple veteran squads, i would say that special weapons are a waste. Perhaps they have been in a campaign against a specific enemy, so they could use xeno-hunters, or Shaprshooters since they have had som much practice. Just choose what you want, but remember that guard work well with less points in upgrades and more in numbers.
Not to sure about sharpshooters... only re-rolling 1s doesn't look interesting to me... especially for the points you have to pay for it! The xenos one is a bit of a waste because you can't use it all the time! only against the one you choose! And according to my IG fluff, I would need Tau but you can't choose Tau...

Well, thanks lads!

Chaplain Thu'Ook
Promethean Cultist
ChaplainThuOok is offline  
Old 16 May 2005, 00:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 163
Send a message via AIM to skink
Default Re: A veteran IG army

Sharpshooters should only be used in your heavy weapons squads. the reason there is no xeno hunters for tau is because it would be useless, you already hit every tau warrior on 3+, except for maybe battlesuit commanders, which are usualy blasted away by lascannons early in the game if you play smart. Iron discipline is a good choice for point costs. Good Luck!
__________________
I can foresee two codices in the grim darkness of the future: Codex:Space Marines and Codex: Not Space Marines.

Only idiots buy direct from GW, and then they usually turn around and complain about prices.
skink is offline  
Old 16 May 2005, 01:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 876
Default Re: A veteran IG army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Thu'Ook
lI want Sentinels, espacially one squadron with the rules from FW that allows missile launcher or mutiple rocket pod! I plan on using them at close range where I will use mass rapid fire!
Well I just thoguht you should be aware that to use those special Sentinels frw FW.. you MUST have one normal sentinel squadron in your force.. so just be aware of that.
__________________
.:Veteran of Agrippina, Cadia and Medusa:.

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Trillian_1369 is offline  
Old 16 May 2005, 01:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 204
Default Re: A veteran IG army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillian_1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Thu'Ook
lI want Sentinels, espacially one squadron with the rules from FW that allows missile launcher or mutiple rocket pod! I plan on using them at close range where I will use mass rapid fire!
Well I just thoguht you should be aware that to use those special Sentinels frw FW.. you MUST have one normal sentinel squadron in your force.. so just be aware of that.
I do know! Thanks!

And if I use the Iron Discipline, I probably need the vox-caster thing to use it at it best! If not, only my command squads will benefit from it?

???

Chaplain Thu'Ook
Promethean Cultist
ChaplainThuOok is offline  
Old 22 May 2005, 00:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 103
Default Re: A veteran IG army

Um...there is no Xeno-fighters Tau b/c you already hit them on 3's. But if they would make tau Xeno-fighters so that you get a different benefit against tau (maybe +1 to wound)...
tau aun is offline  
Old 25 May 2005, 12:29   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ft benning
Posts: 2,054
Send a message via AIM to wonderboy
Default Re: A veteran IG army

go with iorn dicipline os sharp shooters. depending on your playing style, either are extremely useful extras
__________________
yes, that is me in the pic.
this be the awesome sig that kais made me...

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
wonderboy is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All veteran army Tausand sun Imperial Guard 5 25 Apr 2009 22:16
1250 Army list. by a Veteran to Nids F3AR Chaos Army Lists 3 28 Dec 2007 20:02
Space Marines- A Veteran army? chaplin morpheous Space Marines 3 03 Dec 2006 02:01
Starting Tyranic War Veteran Army Frogger Space Marines 19 05 Feb 2006 14:43
Veteran Player's Farsight Army Bayruun Tau Army Lists 8 05 Sep 2005 03:25