Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

demo charges
Old 30 Oct 2008, 20:06   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default demo charges

hello , i have a question relating to demo charges . its listed in the codex and part of the armory but it never says who can equip it ( im assuming its an upgraded guardsman or officier ) and how much it costs . its very confusing to me .
Shoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2008, 20:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: demo charges

I believe that special weapon support squads can take them, as entered in the codex, not sure who else...
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2008, 20:14   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i found it would be a good way of dealing with my friends dreadnought and greyknight terminators . large blast combined with good power to back it up . it seems like an all around good clean up if you dont end up throwing it on yourself insted
Shoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2008, 20:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah demo charges! Awsome!

On a serious note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoke
hello , i have a question relating to demo charges . its listed in the codex and part of the armory but it never says who can equip it ( im assuming its an upgraded guardsman or officier ) and how much it costs . its very confusing to me .
Yes support squads are the only unit that can take them (Col. Shaffer's last chancers can too but I rarely see them fielded) and you may only have one per squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoke
i found it would be a good way of dealing with my friends dreadnought and greyknight terminators . large blast combined with good power to back it up . it seems like an all around good clean up if you dont end up throwing it on yourself insted
I take two support specal weapons squads, with two flamers and a demolishion charge (sometimes plasma guns though) stick um on opposite sides of the battle field and wait for deepstriking termies >
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2008, 20:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah as has been stated, special weapon support squads and last chancers.

(As for the last chancers, I'd love to take a full 22 men unit including 20 demo charges :drools
Old 30 Oct 2008, 23:04   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X

(As for the last chancers, I'd love to take a full 22 men unit including 20 demo charges :drools
Last Chancers can only have 5 demos. You can only have 5 units and a max of one demo per sub unit.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 23:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon
I take two support specal weapons squads, with two flamers and a demolishion charge (sometimes plasma guns though) stick um on opposite sides of the battle field and wait for deepstriking termies >
For future reference, special weapon support squads can't take plasma guns. You've been inadvertently cheating.

Surprise, huh?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2008, 02:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

personally I perfer 2 meltas and a demo charge. Then I can call them 'combat engineers', plus after the charge has been throw 2 meltas will A. kill left over termies/marines or B. blow up tanks. then the turn afterward you can use them for anti-tanks duties.

I find this setup works well, especially when you deep strike.
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2008, 20:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X

Last Chancers can only have 5 demos. You can only have 5 units and a max of one demo per sub unit.
I must have missed that
Old 01 Nov 2008, 21:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon
For future reference, special weapon support squads can't take plasma guns. You've been inadvertently cheating.

Surprise, huh?
Ahh oops :-\, sorry I wrote plasma by mistake, I meant to say melta, I was coming up with a plasma angels list for my friend, that may be why...
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote