Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dual wielding pistols?
Old 25 Oct 2008, 19:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Dual wielding pistols?

Can you have a model have two different pistols?
ie... a bolt pistol and a laspistol on a comander
I know that you cant use the same weapon upgrade twice but if its like i said could you do it?
would you be able to fire both or only one of the pistols?
I wasnt sure and i was tempted to try it but id like to see if thered be a rule breaking problem...
Old 25 Oct 2008, 20:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Dual wielding pistols?

Modelling wise, it's an awesome idea. Game wise, yes your model can have two pistols, but can only use one per turn. I'm not sure, but if you get 2 bolt pistols it might count as twin-linked.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 20:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko- New and Improved
Modelling wise, it's an awesome idea. Game wise, yes your model can have two pistols, but can only use one per turn. I'm not sure, but if you get 2 bolt pistols it might count as twin-linked.
I'm afraid it wouldn't count as twin-linked, would count as an additional hand-weapon though.

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
- Billy Connolly
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2008, 20:14   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:

I'm afraid it wouldn't count as twin-linked, would count as an additional hand-weapon though.
I didnt think you could buy 2 of the same weapons from the armoury though...
Old 25 Oct 2008, 20:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko- New and Improved
Ah, OK. Thanks for correcting that.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 21:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

well if you master crafted the pistol, it would have the same effect as Twin-linked which creed has for using duel hellpistols.

if you want to do that my advice is to take a master crafted pistol and a ccw.

you get the reroll for the "extra pistol" and the additional weapon for using a pistol and ccw("extra pistol" once again. You can just model it with two pistols.

I modeled an assualt marine with twin plasma pistols once, he looks awesome... and a little suicidal :P
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2008, 16:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, I think if we refer to the Codex, at least Creed's profile, dual pistols of the same type count as twin-linked, as Johnnyboy said. He carries two hellpistols, which the list says count as 'twin linked'.

Now, as far as two different pistols go, I think it's safe to say that you may only use one per turn, the other counting as an extra CCW when your in Close Combat.

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Ge. Stankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2008, 16:52   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Well, I think if we refer to the Codex, at least Creed's profile, dual pistols of the same type count as twin-linked, as Johnnyboy said. He carries two hellpistols, which the list says count as 'twin linked'.

Now, as far as two different pistols go, I think it's safe to say that you may only use one per turn, the other counting as an extra CCW when your in Close Combat.
yeah thats what I thought though it was worth asking...
It would be cool if you could fire both pistols instead of twin linked...
Old 27 Oct 2008, 00:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalissimo Stankov

Stankov
No, no, no. Why does this keep coming up? Just because it's true for Tau, doesn't mean it's true for Guard. Just because Tyranids can do it, doesn't mean Guard can do it. And just because a single IG special characer has unique rules representing his personal wargear, doesn't mean they extend to every other IG unit in the codex!

Nowhere in Codex: Imperial Guard does it say that two pistols of the same type count as twin-linked. Creed's matched hellpistols have their own independent rules that specify that they fire as a single twin-linked hellpistol and count as an additional close combat weapon. If this rule were to govern every unit uniformally then it'd be stated in the main rulebook, or at the very least in the armoury section of the Codex, but the fact that it only appears as a unique rule for a special character makes it abundantly clear that it's for Creed and Creed alone. Should we consider all models with bionics to benefit from the Bale Eye special rule found in Yarrick's unit entry? Should all models with power swords benefit from +1 strength like Gaunt? No, of course not! Gaunt doesn't have a power sword after all - he has a unique weapon called the Sword of Heironymo. It may essentailly be a powersword, but it has it's own special rules. By the same token, Creed doesn't just have a pair hellpistols; he has 'two matched hellpistols'...again, weapons unique to him.

Now please let's have no more citing of non-existent rules. :P

NOTE - The rule that all pistols count as close combat weapons in assault, however, can be found in the rulebook. So no dramas there.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 02:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

thats why I suggested master crafting a weapon tom. Then it opperates like creeds special rule(if you want to represent duel weapons like him).

I'm not saying that 2 guns are twin linked(though it could be what with the rule that you can't select the same item from the armory twice, but lets not get into the hypothetical here). I'm just saying if you want to represent duel pistols like creed's 2 pistol rule just make the pistol master-crafted and give him a ccw to count as the extra attack for an extra pistol.
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote