Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Honorifica Imperialis
Old 27 Oct 2008, 22:03   #11 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Honorifica Imperialis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartSCrazy
I have to agree with you here, also if I want an counter close combat squad ill take Grey Knight Allies...
(point cost isnt mattering in the size of the games ive been playing as of late)
I'd be careful with that philosophy, Smarts. Points cost always matters. 200 points might not look like a large proportion of your total allocation in a 4000 point game, but you've got to keep in mind that if you blow 200 points of a quintet of Grey Knights, you're essentially chopping an infantry platoon out of your army, or passing up on the opportunity to field a tricked-out Demolisher. From a gaming point of view you always need to weigh up the impact and survivability of one unit over another, irrespective of the size of the game. If Grey Knights pull their weight, then great, but give some thought to whether their points equivalent in other units might be more worthwhile?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2008, 04:32   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I like the Honorifica Veteran Sergeant with a powerfist. I field mine in a full squad of Vets with shotguns, three meltas, and Carapace. The Honorifica adds 2 wounds to the squad as a whole, ups the leadership by 1, and the Sergeant himself is a respectable close combatant.

I generally infiltrate the squad and it functions independently from rest of my Mechanized Stormtrooper army. The unit is expensive, but is fairly balanced. I can kill tanks, MEQs, TEQs, GEQs fairly efficiently at range. The fist means I can charge into a weakened unit and maybe finish it off. The squad will obviously be slaughtered by any serious combat troops, but could hold their own and maybe half the time come out ahead against a Tactical or Devastator Squad, basic infantry, and even a shooty Carnifex if it had a few wounds knocked off by shooting.

To be honest any use outside of a Junior Officer is an inefficient use of points if you're playing for pure competitiveness. But I'd say the Vet Sarge is the next best option, and a lot of fun.
Old 01 Nov 2008, 20:10   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I've added the Honorifica to a veteran sergeant before, and I must say that it is quite fun to surprise your opponents with. That's the point of playing games you know, to have fun.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, none will suffice."

"So this is how liberty dies. To a thunderous applause."

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Vallessian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2008, 20:47   #14 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I am a fan of the Rough Raiders squad with lances with a sergant having the honorifica. It makes for a effective close combat counter charge squad and its low points wise.

never tried the honorifica on anything else and not planning to.
Tyranids 1 / 0 / 0
Imperial Guard 0 / 3 / 0
Orks 1 / 0 / 0
levincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2008, 20:48   #15 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vall
I've added the Honorifica to a veteran sergeant before, and I must say that it is quite fun to surprise your opponents with. That's the point of playing games you know, to have fun.
Aye, but how do you propose we discuss the best way to have fun? See? I can be sarcastic too. :P

Seems to me we can only discuss strategy here, and the pros and cons of one unit choice over another. How you have fun is up to you.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote