Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Funniest battles with imperial guard
Old 29 Sep 2008, 20:49   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Funniest battles with imperial guard

Just checking any of your favourite battles with the Imperial Guard. Mine has to be the 1000point match against my close friends Tyranid army. I started off losing, but when my combat servitor killed 5 out of 20 raiding gene-stealers on his own, things looked up. I then sniped his artillery, scared his others off and had a last stand against his outnumbering 'nids Braveheart style (yes, I have a character modeled after Braveheart).

Think you can beat that?

Edit: Please remember to use good grammar and spelling when you post!
-Stankov

First edit? Good job Stankov!!! -AC
Schaffers Last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2008, 21:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday
Default Re: Funniest battles with imperial guard

We were playing a 4 player free for all on a 4x8 board. I had a dark eldar player next to me. Turn one, I moved all my infantry up towards the centre objective, he charged me with almost his entire army. I killed everything he charged me with (wyches and warriors). and then blew his jet bike archon and bodyguard out of the sky.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 23:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I guess mine would have to be a match against a friends Tau.

My men were dropping like flies.. then an opening appeared. His Ethereal was open for a shot from my Anti-Tank Support squad.. 3 Lascannon blasts later his ethereal ceased to exist. His army was routed and they just kept running..

That one shooting phase turned the whole game around.

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Trillian_1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2008, 00:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

The funniest one I've witnessed (I don't actually play guard) was one between Orks and Guard, both 3rd edition.

The Guard player had placed snipers off to the flank of the Ork army, and he asked if he could see the battlewagon with his snipers. The ork player said yes, which surprised me as he was a bit of a powergamer at the time. Three shots and a dead battlewagon later and he wanted to deny the whole thing. It was a 750pts game and his one trick pony just got nuked by a trio of snipers, he lost that one pretty bad after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2008, 00:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The escapades of my Storm Trooper sargaent as a whole is pretty funny. He never (ever) has done anything. He always takes meltabombs, so he tried to Death or Glory my friends trukk. He got like a 15 armour penatration and rolled a 1. So he got smashed and his squad ran like sissies while the trukk preceded to tank shock more stuff. :P

And another time I deep-striked him and his squad right next to a Reaver Titan in a last-ditch effort to harm it (forseveral turns, litterally a full Armoured Company plus a Guardsman company had emptied all of their fire power into it and a Warhound next to it... and had peeled off a few void shields :). He scattered into difficult terrain, killing 2 guys, and then got shot by Necrons and a further 2 got shot. In my next turn he ran up and Melta bombed the titan, got another really high penatrating hit, destroyed a main weapon, and the guy repaired it easily because of the Primary Weapon rule for super-heavies. : The next turn my idiot friend knocked over the Reaver titan on this squad and they got scattered everywhere (plus some other stuff). But he didn't break. ^-^

And also my Marauder Destroyer emptied all its massive amounts of fire-power into entrenched Chaos Marines, and only killed about 3. : The next turn Flash Gitz proceded to shoot it down. :'( I had never seen so many sixes...

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2008, 01:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Generalissimo Stankov's Leman Russ from the community game ages back made me laugh. All told I think it endured fire from two twin-linked lascannons, two heavy bolters, three heavy smart bombs (all to the rear armour) and a demolisher shell in the face. By the end of the game it was immobilised and had lost its battlecannon, lascannon and left sponson heavy bolter, but not before it splattered almost an entire Storm Trooper squad with an HE shell. When all that remained of it was a single heavy bolter on a limited traverse, it still kept on fighting and gunned down the surviving Storm Troopers! The opposing team tried so hard to kill Stankov, but he just...wouldn't...die!
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2008, 01:26   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Killing Monsterous Creatures with Lasguns...

The lascannons did nothing, same with the autocannons. Battle Cannons and Earth Shakers and Lots of lasguns!
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2008, 02:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Generalissimo Stankov's Leman Russ from the community game ages back made me laugh. All told I think it endured fire from two twin-linked lascannons, two heavy bolters, three heavy smart bombs (all to the rear armour) and a demolisher shell in the face. By the end of the game it was immobilised and had lost its battlecannon, lascannon and left sponson heavy bolter, but not before it splattered almost an entire Storm Trooper squad with an HE shell. When all that remained of it was a single heavy bolter on a limited traverse, it still kept on fighting and gunned down the surviving Storm Troopers! The opposing team tried so hard to kill Stankov, but he just...wouldn't...die!
Hehehe... I remember that well. That was great fun, I couldn't believe what was happening. Everyone around me was dead, and I was practically too, but that either very brave or very stupid sponson gunner did his duty and did it well.

I think this was by far the best moment:

Actions:
Leman Russ (Stankov)
* Fired at Storm Troopers with battlecannon.
* Shot scattered 2" north.
* Re-rolled scatter dice (ace gunners) - Hit.
* Inflicted eight casualties.
* Unit broken - Fell back 7".

* Armament destroyed (lascannon).
* Immobilised.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=43531.90
What a stroke of luck. Who wrote that narrative, was that you? I know I wrote a few, I don't know if that was it or not.

And I think its great right here:
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=43531.150

Instead of "Leman Russ" and then my Status, you wrote : 'Smoking Rubble', and 'Still in the Fight'

Good times...
Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Ge. Stankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2008, 05:25   #9 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

I blew up ONE Rhino and it killed half a Platoon.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2008, 05:51   #10 (permalink)
Anton

My most memorable gaming moment has to be when I was learning to play 40k through the "Beginners Academy" at my local GW, so, on the final week we each brought 1000pts and had a mega battle. I roughly had 1 Leman Russ Demolisher, 1 Leman Russ Battle Tank and about 100 Guardsmen, I was teamed up with an Eldar player and my opponents were Space Marines and Dark Eldar. The kid with the Space Marines adored, no, worshipped his Land Raider and claimed that he could win single handily with it, I definitely gave him a run for his money. :P

The kid with the Space Marines and the kid with the Dark Eldar got first turn, the Space Marine player placed his Terminator Command Squad and very expensive Space Marine Captain in the Land Raider and raced towards me and my Eldar ally. When it's our turn, my Leman Russ Demolisher rumbles over the hill and sights the Land Raider, I fire the Demolisher Cannon and score an Ordnance Penetrating Hit, then as everyone in the store is locked in suspense I roll a single die, and get a... 6! Vehicle Annihilated! 500pts worth of Marines gone in one shot, the annoying kid was nearly in tears, and I had effectively won the game, leaving my opponents seriously red in the face and demoralised, by turn 3 my wave of over 100 Guardsmen swept the board clean.