Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

really... really weird idea... Ork warboss leader?
Old 10 Sep 2008, 18:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default really... really weird idea... Ork warboss leader?

as it says... basically, my IG are mercenaries. now, they are based on catachan models so i figured it would be not all bad in an Orks mind to lead them...
my old Ork warboss was a solitary kinda guy [don't ask... he was shunted from his Waagh for diss-orkily behaviour ]
and now he leads a small band of my 'Parian Militia'. i have been wondering how to use him though... i can't really just use the Ork codex and plop him in a list unless i play apoc' [which... i don't play].

i was wondering if maybe i could work out some good wargear and use the =][= lord rules for him...
but he is tougher than the rules would portray and it would betray his Orkiness...

now... before anyone even considers it... i am not just going to start up an Ork army... one horde of nutters is enough for me...
so anyone have any idea what rules i could use?

omg i'm an idiot... hmm... off to look for a certain special character..

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2008, 20:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: really... really weird idea... Ork warboss leader?

Marc, man... did you hear that "pthhhrfht?"

That was my brain hitting the wall.

It's just... not a good idea, dude. If a Warboss admires some of the things the humies do, he beats his Orkses 'til they do it too - look at the Blood Axes. An Ork leading humies? Even mercenary ones? Not gonna happen :-\
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2008, 20:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

lol... ye i know it's unlikely... but this Warlord is going to be a younger version of my old one... so before he got his Waargh back. and by the way... after he got it back he did go back to the planet and tried to fight the IG regiment on their own turf... he dies then... so it's like a terminator kinda thing

and as i stated... he doesn't have his own Orkses anymore..

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
Old 11 Sep 2008, 00:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

That's a really silly idea...

But if you set on it, then go for it I guess.. I mean I wouldn't do it, but their you guard.. yea...

I am curious though, how are you going to even remotely represent a warboss as your leader?

Seriously though, that's a bad plan.. just silly.

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Trillian_1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2008, 02:54   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

In the Old Ork Codex, there's some cases of Imperial Guard regiments that turn traitor to join the Orks or just mercenaries looking for a good pay and the Orks have it. BUT these Orks are Blood Axes. So, I wouldn't say impossible. Sounds like a neat idea, Marc. Go for it. Humans have been in some cases, servants and advisers to Ork Warbosses.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2008, 03:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

About as close as the old Ork book WAAARGH comes to Humans and Orks fighting together was when a band of Ogryns was discovered on a lost feral planet by the Orks before the Humans found them. The Ogryns (not knowing any better) would often join the Orks because the Orks were ........ well, Funny, in a slap stick sort of way.

Other than that, haven't heard of it.

Best,

Old 11 Sep 2008, 03:35   #7 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Sure! 'Ere we go has an entry for Blood Axes: Imperial Guard or Mercenaries.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2008, 13:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

How about using a Grey Knight hero (Brother Captain) to represent him? Sure, his strength and toughness isn't quite on a par, but if your warboss leads only a small band of my 'Parian Militia' and not an entire tribe I think it stands to reason that he might not yet be as massive as his counterparts. Furthmore, perhaps his greatly improved Ballistic Skill could represent the effects of human martial discipline rubbing off? Maybe his slightly un-orky leaning has given him a penchant for marksmanship? Or perhaps he just has the biggest, shootiest gun an Ork could ever hope for, thereby lending him the capacity to lay down a truly unspeakable weight of fire (thus ensuring he hits something...kinda the same way as a Twin Linked weapon).

Terminator armour = Cybork body and Mega Armour
Storm Bolter = Shoota (presumably with bolter ammunition supplied by the Parian Militia)
Power fist (sorry, you'd have to buy this seperately) = Power Klaw

OR

Terminator armour = Any armour you like (I'm sure your opponent won't mind you downgrading for free!)
Storm Bolter = Shoota
Nemesis force weapon = Big Choppa
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2008, 13:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

hmm.. it would require a little work on his armour, but i like the idea.

and yeah, at this moment in his life he is no-where near his potential... i wish i had kept the older model of him :shifty: damn he was big... made Ghazkul look like a puppy... ooh btw, i will have pictures of this Ork soon. check conversion within the next day or so. and atm his gun is kind of a half slugga flamer mix. i suppose i could find something in the daemon hunter list that could stand in for it though. just got to pester Lee* to let me borrow his 'dex again

btw.. Parian Militia is the army name, the Herrithion 1st ' Parian Militia. name says it all really... kinda like a huge version of necromunda, the planets armies are made up of gangs... not very reliable troops, but tough and stupid...

y'know... i feel bad that i'v been neglecting my IG tank thing...

Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw