Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Unfamiliar player needs army advice
Old 29 Aug 2008, 05:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha
Default Unfamiliar player needs army advice

In preparation for my Gue'vesa guard I'm trying to determine how to secure the models I need. I plan to convert each model and need all the bitz, so picking them up individually off of EBAY doesn't work. I need the full kit, or it won't work.

So far I need to secure the following:

2 Basilisks
2 Leman Russ Demolishers
3 Hell Hounds
7 Chimera Transports

My original Plan was to buy 4 of the Basilisk Batteries and one L.Russ Tank Squadron (each costs the same as a battleforce), and use the gas barrels from each tank and some spare bits to convert the promethium tanks and inferno cannons on the Hellhounds.

I'm unfamiliar with the box sets, though. Do the Basilisk batteries contain the bitz to make regular chimeras, or would I have to buy each of the chimerae seperately?
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2008, 09:51   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Unfamiliar player needs army advice

here is photo of basilisk box sprues

as you can see it is different from boxed set of chimera sorry

I think they look like an army of little well armed incredible-hulks. Just my first impression.
Aloh´Ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2008, 20:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha
Default Re: Unfamiliar player needs army advice

It's all good, thanks for the help. Saves me from wasting a couple hundred dollars. ;D
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote