Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

War Hawks
Old 06 Aug 2008, 01:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default War Hawks

OK guys what is the difference with War hawks and Elysia drop troops apart from the doctrines??

And to war Hawks have and models or do you just use The cadian plastics??

[img width=650 height=508]http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/Almostairsoft1/theredharvest.png[/img]

cj dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2008, 02:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: War Hawks

Elysians have their own army list (found in Imperial Armour volume 3: The Taros campaign), Harakoni War Hawks do not. There is also the Elysian D-99 list in IA vol. 4; they're a dedicated Inquisitorial xenos hunter regiment with particular experience in combating Tyranids.

The Warhawks have no model range and must be converted from other kits. The folding stock lasgun can be found on the vehicle accessory sprue and the helmet is commonly represented with Cadian vox operator heads. Both can be bought seperately from 'bitz' stores (though scraping together the necessary quantity is no mean feat). The grav chutes can be represented by cut down Space Marine backpacks or you can just buy them from Forge World, but the carapace armour is a green stuff epic adventure I'm afraid. Until GW see fit to release Cadian carapace plastics then there's no suitable models to cannibalise.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2008, 02:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

OK thanks. I do have the IA 3 but cant decide on Either one of the two??

[img width=650 height=508]http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/Almostairsoft1/theredharvest.png[/img]

Old 06 Aug 2008, 03:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well it's really down to your model preference then. There's nothing to stop you using the Elysian army list with Warhawk style models, or Warhawk doctrines with Elysian models. It might be a bit odd for Elysians to be treated as 4+ save models (because they look so damn fragile), but I think you could get away with bulky Warhawk models only possessing a 5+ save.

If using Elysian models and Harakoni warhawk doctrines, you could possibly justify the 4+ save by saying their high level of technology grants them access to armour of superior quality. If using Warhawk models with the Elysian army list you could say their armour is deceptively lightweight on account of the fact they're drop troops and can't afford to be too heavily burdened.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 06 Aug 2008, 03:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I think ill use Warhawk models as Elysian as i don't think ill be able to get my hands on any forge world Models :'(

any way thanks for the help..

Old 06 Aug 2008, 03:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Alrighty. Don't expect Harakoni conversions to be exceptionally cheap though; seeing as how you'll have to bit-order dozens of vox caster heads and whatnot. If you mean to use the Elysian rules though, you might as well save yourself the trouble of modelling carapace armour.

Here's a idea for budget demo charges: Cut three very short lengths of 2mm brass rod, glue them together in a pyramid shape and block up the ends with green stuff. Then cut off the chainsword from a Cadian Sergeant arm and glue them to the knuckles. You'll probably want to file off the rank stipes too. If you really want to make an effort with them you could cut a couple strips of thin plasticard and 'bind' the tube charges together, or maybe add a numberpad or similar technical feature from your bits box.

The idea occurs to me having seen the Catachan demo charges:

Good luck!
Old 08 Aug 2008, 10:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ok thanks!