Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How about this idea? Stupid or..?
Closed Thread
Old 04 May 2005, 08:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default How about this idea? Stupid or..?

I have tried to start an IG force several times, but it always stops with me wanting to do to much with and with too many themes and ideas messing up my head...

Today I got a quite funny idea for an army.
I am a member of the Swedish Home guard, and I though..."Hey, would be cool to make an IG army based on my platoon and company...
Since everyone has been a conscript and made military service before he or she can join, the standard guardmans profile would be justified. Our machine guns are Heavy bolters and our Recoiless rifles are Missile launchers. Plasma guns could represent our AT4:s, since there are no one shoot man portable weapons in the IG arsenal. Well, Tread fethers are used by the Thaniths but there are none to use in game terms.

Not that much heavy support, but if I let my self some free reins, I could get a cool force. The Swedish uniform pattern will be a nightmare to paint thou...

Could call them St.Gertruds defenders or something

My blog: http://mattiknife.wordpress.com
Old 04 May 2005, 08:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: How about this idea? Stupid or..?

now that sounds cool. i like the overall idea being based on a real experience
and you could even use say Moridian Iron guard models. i think thats the closest youd get too service dress uniforms
Old 04 May 2005, 08:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Warbird Send a message via MSN to Warbird

Yeah that is a great idea. Using real expiriance to make you own regiment.

I am a ordinary person living a extrodinary life
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/
Not as good as pron but it's damned close
http://www.turnsignalsonalandraider.com/
Poke'em in the eye
Old 04 May 2005, 09:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Orion

I like it misslie launchers and hb's are great and plasma will make up for the ap 2 weps.

Now what is your company known for is your marksmanship high or do you guys use alot of stealth(cover / infiltrating)

I'ed really make this fit your idea and worry less about winning as winning with a list you know has a few flaws provides a much better feeling of satasfaction that the lists with no weakness just can provide.

"The quiet mouth gets fed last, Ask and you shall recieve"
-Unlimiter-
Old 04 May 2005, 09:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, the Swedish Home guard in general is know for ur god Marksmanship, even compared to regular units. And we have been issued with Aimpoints sights recently, so I will pick Sharpshooter for this.

I will think of others, but Light infantry seem a good one, since that is what mostly are. If we have home ground, we are also familiar with the terrain and light infantry could represent this.

Old 04 May 2005, 09:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

cool its a great idea.
light infantry could be a good asset too this type of theamed army.
have a look at this for similar ideas
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=5900.15
Old 04 May 2005, 09:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Ok we got *2 doctrines so far.

Sharpshooters
Lightinfantry

Now heres a few more ideas do you guys put up alot of gun implacements like heavy weapon plattons that would run up the field a bit then deploy thier weapons in a trench or something similar.

Hows your morale is it fight to the last man or tatical retreats? This is probably something that will be difficult to answer. Like the japanese will kamakaze if need be (planes,human bombs,manned torpedos) they would die for thier country if needed be. Now not all nations are like this most will fight for thier country but they will not stay in suicidal odds.

Perhaps use

sharpshooters
light infantry (infiltrate with a HB or ML is a great move)
Heavy weapon plattons ( i actually perfer these over tanks)
Irondisipline(mabe depends on what you think)
Vetrans(if you guys have alot of experience and have some actual vetrans who pass down what they know)
Cameleoine(if you use alot of camoflage)

-Unlimiter-
Old 04 May 2005, 11:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

We do not have access to much heavy equipment, save those I mentioned, but there are other Home guard companies that have integrated Mortar sections but no heavy weapon platoon...

I guess we are most likely to make a tactical retreat if able, but we have very good morale, since we are all volunteers. We sacrifice some of our spare time because we belive in what we do, not because we get paid. We almost get nothing.

Die hards could be good, or iron discipline. But we do not really have iron discipline. We have a good practical discipline, and any young regular officer coming around barking like a drill sergeant will so be told to show some respect. More expirienced regular officers know the difference and treats Homeguard soldier with respect, because we have volunteered.

So Die hards, because if we had to defend, say our town homes, we would most likely fight hard.
It is an interesting fact that the Iraqi units putting up the hardest resistance against the Coalition forces where there home guard.

That is:
Sharpshooters
Light infantry
Die hards
Cameleonline (To repesent cautiosness as much as camo-gear)

As for veterans, maybe a squad. Many have done service abroad on Peacekeeping and some peaceenforcing, but if that is enough for having veterans I do not know.

One doctrine to go...

Old 04 May 2005, 19:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

die hards isnt all that effective unless you plan on using combat which with your doctrines so far i wouldn't.

Iron disipline would be better seeing as if you get shot alot you wont have to fallback.

Do you guys use any calvary or bikes? these might be represented by roughriders.

-Unlimiter-
Old 06 May 2005, 13:15   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yes, Iron discipline works better when I have thought it over.

The doctrines so far:
Sharpshooters
Light infantry
Iron discipline (representing good morale)
Cameleoline

But what as number five?

We do have motorcycles, but as messengers. But why not, I am using my personal expirience as inspiration. Rough riders could be nice... After all, this is a World in the universe of 40K we are supposed to defend...

Any other good ideas?

Closed Thread