Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

last chancers reporting for duty, SIR!.
Old 23 Jul 2008, 20:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default last chancers reporting for duty, SIR!.

well as chaos/nid player i has witnessed and participated in serveral defeats due to last chancer, mainly its always a whloe army with master crafted weapons as heavy bolters, flamer, etc.

where am i getting at, i hear you gasp. well i blue worm shall construct a personalised and totally crazy last chancer army. it will include the following:
names.
personal color schemes.
a hell lot of conversions.

i will be posting on the "conversion" board about my progress and will use the catachan models because, quite frankly, they rule.

the army will also use ratlings, and any thing else i can get my hands on. > > >*evil laugh and salutes*

any thoughts???

two of the best film quotes EVER:

One crow, sorrow. Two crows, joy. Three crows, a letter! Four crows, a boy. Five crows, silver. Six crows, gold! Seven crows, a secret never to be told.

Congratulations, Monkey! You just bought yourself a fighting chance!
jacktheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2008, 21:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: last chancers reporting for duty, SIR!.

Go crazy on it.
No normal last chancers. All veterans-all equiped with random stuff.
Sort of "hi. Ive got an army of deepstriking heavy weapons".
But it will be expensive points wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piedmon
Phwoar.
manic-swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2008, 21:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well, first and foremost, before you begin you should read the codex and take note of how badly you have been cheated by your opponents.

A pure Last Chancer army cannot comprise more than 22 models, and by the context (specifically your use of the words 'a whole army&#39 it would seem your opponent was using significantly more than that.

Also note that heavy bolters and flamers number among the weapons that cannot be master-crafted (though why you would want an MC flamer is beyond me).

As for the modelling side, I look forward to seeing your last chancers in the showcase. Might I recommend you try to draw up some fluff for all the members of your proposed unit before you begin modelling? Once you know what you want your characters to be, its much easier to build them to look the part. I'm trying to build a similar unit myself at the moment (for a different purpose) and designing the various personalities before the models to represent them has provided me with a lot of inspiration for the conversions themselves.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2008, 22:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

Actually Tom you CAN mastercraft their equipment. Kind of a scary idea to go up against 10 BS4 lascannons that re-roll misses. The master crafting entry doesn't say anything about what can and cannot be master crafted. I'm going to have to do some fidgetting around and find how many are the most efficient way of doing this and how to divide them up >

EDIT: Forget everything I just said. I'm retarded and cannot read. There's a line at the end of the entry that says you can't do this. I got too excited and didn't finish reading the paragraph.
Old 23 Jul 2008, 22:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Hang on... I've definitely missed the boat on this one.

Last Chancers. Guard Codex. How does it work? I remember the originals (with Schaeffer, Fingers, Rocket Girl, Ox, Grease Monkey (who could hijack a Falcon), etc) but I thought they were gone from the current book.

How do you work an army with only 22 models?

Obviously I know the copyright blah blah boingo flop but just give me the gist =)
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2008, 00:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

The new incarnation of last chancers is a custom build deal (Still lead by Schaeffer and a character from Gav thorpe's (I think) last chancers books) the rest of the squad is a max of 20 models equipped pretty much any way you want with a small wargear allotment allowed. The full size unit of the 2 characters and 20 models take up an HQ and 2 Troop slots so it is a legal army all on its own.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 00:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan
The new incarnation of last chancers is a custom build deal (Still lead by Schaeffer and a character from Gav thorpe's (I think) last chancers books) the rest of the squad is a max of 20 models equipped pretty much any way you want with a small wargear allotment allowed. The full size unit of the 2 characters and 20 models take up an HQ and 2 Troop slots so it is a legal army all on its own.
Though by Blue Worm's description of past battles it sounds as though his opponents were blatently cheating.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 13:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

no i didn't say they cheated all i said they took a hole army of heavy weapons and stuff, aka schaffer, kage and 10 heavy weapons alligned with heavy weapon platoon and a big command platoon, sorry i should be more specific.

any way i have read the dex and found some interesting pointers:
1. i can have a power fist chancer as long as it master crafted( only use the upgrade cost for mc for the chacters wargear points, max. 15 for lc)
2. i can have master crafted flamers and stuff
3. they can either infitrate or deep strike if not in chimeras

any way i havegot some idea on how they will look and i have came up with names such as cowboy, commrade, radar, pyhro( guess what he has for a weapon) and wonder boy. so can any one else give me names.

i will arm the last chancher army with the following;
1 mc pwr fisrt
2 snipers
4 flamers (3 mc)
2 mc demo charges
the rest are a misture of power swords, carapeice, bolters, las guns, etc. mainly master crafted and 3 or for have trade mark items.

two of the best film quotes EVER:

One crow, sorrow. Two crows, joy. Three crows, a letter! Four crows, a boy. Five crows, silver. Six crows, gold! Seven crows, a secret never to be told.

Congratulations, Monkey! You just bought yourself a fighting chance!
jacktheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2008, 14:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

first Demo charges scatter like ordinace master-crafting won't do anything. Same for flamers, they autohit(unless there's and obserce rule saying that MCing a flamer lets you re-roll a single roll to wound, if that's what your thinking I want a page number )

you may as well MC the snipers now because they don't hit on a 2+ anymore.

oh and for powerfists. Weapons don't count as wargear. for an officer(and last chancers) you can buy the weapons and [however many wargear pts here] for wargear.

IE only the stuff in the wargear section of the codex goes against the wargear limit.
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2008, 14:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

It's a great unit that you can be really creative with but don't expect them to win battles for you. Last chancers, equipped in the fashion you are describing will cost an arm and a leg. The unit specified will cost you 333 points - That's a large proportion of your points allocation for Schaeffer and ten flak armoured guardsmen.