Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

D-99 viable
Old 13 Jul 2008, 08:10   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default D-99 viable

as i progress with my catachan army i got an interesting idea,to represent them more commando as my scheme is,i think D-99 list would be interesting.DS can represent ambushes,while veteran squads represent highly determined troops.
so for games we normaly play 1000 pts games to 1500 pts with enemies like Dropguard with armoured support,Chaos(Thousand sons,World Eaters,Black Legion)Eldar,Orks, and finnaly nids.

I think they look like an army of little well armed incredible-hulks. Just my first impression.
Aloh´Ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 09:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: D-99 viable

D-99??
Old 13 Jul 2008, 10:18   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Taros, IIRC. The Elysian unit there was the D-99 drop troopers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 10:34   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Elysia Detachment-99 was after fighting tyranids on Beta Anphelion,special strike force under command of Ordo Xenos,the rules are in IA4.I want model mine as Detachment-23,Catachan Devil Strike force

I think they look like an army of little well armed incredible-hulks. Just my first impression.
Old 13 Jul 2008, 10:38   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

So I was half right, in so much as it was forgeworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 14:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Sounds ideal! It's true to the Catachan spirit - you'll have no tanks and a limited selection of heavy weapons, but on the flip side you will get demolition charges, sentry guns and independent sniper teams. Even better than that, you could represent air cavalry if you wanted too! I think it'll represent a Catachan army very well, but it'll likely be a difficult one to win battles with.

For an added touch I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were able to get hold of transfers of the 1st air cavalry patch.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 18:30   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thank you Tom,well my primary concern is to have fun,not to win every game. but idea of Aircav is nice

Old 13 Jul 2008, 20:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

This sounds like a really cool idea. I really like IA lists, in my opinion 40k needs more variety and less concern about winning. If i end up fighting lists like armored company, DKK or D-99 i get really excited cause they add variety and im facing something i never have before, deosnt matter that i might loose cause ive never seen the rules before.

In short, go for it, IA armies ftw.
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 23:05   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
This sounds like a really cool idea. I really like IA lists, in my opinion 40k needs more variety and less concern about winning. If i end up fighting lists like armored company, DKK or D-99 i get really excited cause they add variety and im facing something i never have before, deosnt matter that i might loose cause ive never seen the rules before.

In short, go for it, IA armies ftw.
You don't necessarily have to use an alternative army list to field new units; there isn't a single IG unit featured in the Imperial Armour volumes that is unavailable for use in a conventional codex IG army. I think that's worth keeping in mind, Aloh´Ta - The D-99 list is ideal for your purposes, but if you determine that there is something the list won't do, you could take a look at the doctrines for a codex army. For instance, in my Elysian army I rather want to field autocannon teams; I'd like a Hellhound and converted Centaurs to represent Griffons too(deployed by drop pallet or something), but the official list won't let me have them. By playing codex IG with the right choice of doctrines I can do some things the Elysian list won't let me do (at the cost of a couple minor perks), while still retaining the core feel of the army.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote