Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

5th Ed IG FAQ Released
Old 11 Jul 2008, 13:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default 5th Ed IG FAQ Released

Just an FYI post, an updated IG FAQ for 5th Edition is now available to be viewed/downloaded at the below address.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...th_Edition.pdf

A few interesting tidbits include clarification that Enginseers Servitors DO NOT count towards their wargear limit, how Command Sections VPs *should* be worked out, that Remanents Squad *DO* count towards the 5 Infantry Squad limit of a Platoon and that a Commissars +1 Ld is *NOT* passed down a comm link as has been the subject of some debate.

[img width=650 height=30]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/colgravis/Misc%2040k/awards.jpg[/img]
Col.Gravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 13:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 5th Ed IG FAQ Released

Thanks Gravis

I got a release game(apoc) tonight where we switch to the new rules at midnight(mid-game, oh crap ). This will be very helpful.
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 13:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Thank you very much.

I've downloaded the Tau and Imperial Guard FAQ...still haven't received my 5th Ed book, but no big deal, next game I shall be ready.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 13:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

On thing I notice in the new FAQ is that heavy weapon team gunners are replaced by their loaders when killed. Was this a slightly retarded and misleading error or are we to assume now that when a Vindicare assassin plugs your lascannon gunner, he's got an 'extra life'? Calling any attention at all to the 'loader' seems redundant, as -in game terms- he is identical to every other bog-standard Guardsman in the unit. Might we take this to mean that there is now some sacred significance to loaders that didn't really exist in 4th edition?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 13:53   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

As long as one member of a Heavy Weapons Team is alive you've been fine throughout 4th Edition - unless you've been playing it wrong. I'd point to the Q&A I quoted from the UK WD elsewhere. It's also of increased relvance now on account that wounds are allocated before saves are made making it more likely that your HW Crews will suffer casulaties.

[img width=650 height=30]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/colgravis/Misc%2040k/awards.jpg[/img]
Old 11 Jul 2008, 14:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.Gravis
As long as one member of a Heavy Weapons Team is alive you've been fine throughout 4th Edition - unless you've been playing it wrong. I'd point to the Q&A I quoted from the UK WD elsewhere. It's also of increased relvance now on account that wounds are allocated before saves are made making it more likely that your HW Crews will suffer casulaties.
Huh. Didn't know that. I suppose it makes sense though; the codex does specifically make reference to the fact that two Guardsmen form a heavy weapons team.

Still not buying into the obscure, ancient and almost entirely unavailable White Dwarf article though. :P
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 11 Jul 2008, 14:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Have a browse around on the major 40k forums, I've lost count of the number of times I've seen it rolled out to answer rules questions it covers, I'd put money on it being included in a reply if you went an asked the question over on Warseer, 40k Online etc even today lol

I'll add though despite my words I do understand what your saying and see your points, it is a comparitively obscure source for a clarification which should really only appear in FAQs. I probably have a little bit too much involvement so to speak with the Q&A as it was my question/s being answered lol

Old 11 Jul 2008, 14:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.Gravis
Have a browse around on the major 40k forums, I've lost count of the number of times I've seen it rolled out to answer rules questions it covers, I'd put money on it being included in a reply if you went an asked the question over on Warseer, 40k Online etc even today lol
It's alright, I don't need to take my question elsewhere; I agree with you (perhaps I didn't make that clear?). I know it's hard to swallow given our disagreement on the other topic, but what you're saying is consistent with the codex and so I have obviously been playing it wrong all this time.
Old 11 Jul 2008, 16:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Dang, they nerfed my hellhounds :-\

But some of what they say makes sense. But what is this "Delete the platoon commanders states" thing?
Old 11 Jul 2008, 17:10   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Gecko is back!
Dang, they nerfed my hellhounds :-\

But some of what they say makes sense. But what is this "Delete the platoon commanders states" thing?
Tsk. They haven't 'nerfed' Hellhounds; you've just been blatantly cheating all this time. The profile correction was cited in the last FAQ!

In answer to your question (which doesn't seem to make much sense as written because the quote given doesn't correspond to the FAQ), the summary at the back of the codex includes a profile for a Platoon Commander...which is a title that doesn't exist anywhere else in the army list. Presumably it refers to the Junior Officer's profile as he is the character that 'commands' an infantry platoon, but the Junor Officer's profile is already given.

Frankly I think they would be rather better off just saying 'Tear the summary out of your codex and burn it. We were all half-cut and hung over after the office codex-completion party when we cobbled it together.'