Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Apocalypse: Reload - Some new info on IG stuff
Old 17 Jun 2008, 19:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Apocalypse: Reload - Some new info on IG stuff

Well I got some info on new IG stuff for Apocalypse: Reload. Info is originally from Chosen Man on 40kOnline. I decided to post this here rather than news and rumors as it's pretty much specifically about IG.

Quote:
I got a second look over the book tonight when JJ was at the bunker with the copy.

FORMATIONS DATAFAX:

Steel Fury Company: Basically just like the one online 3+ Baneblades in the formation. Check the PDF online if you want to see it.

BB Troop Transport Variant: I believe its called a Banestorm(Something like that). Basically its a 40 model transport(Note that I said model....not specific to any kind of IG unit....Keep that in mind for what you want to cram into it). It comes with a Vulcan Megabolter. The drawing in the book has the Vulcan Turret mounted in the forward spot of the baneblade, with the TL Heavy Bolter. The troops in the rear, so your looking at a Superheavy Chimera profile. The troops inside can have 20 models shooting out of the tank! On top of that, if the tank doesn't move all power can be diverted to the weapons allowing the Megabolter to fire again.

Castillans Command Formation: Its the Cadian Special Character with his own High Command/Honor Guard Formation. He has his own personal High Command squad with several characters like HSO, Psykers, Commissars, Vets, Techie, and so on. On top of that you also get 3 other Command Squads that are part of the formation. This formation gives you 4 Stratagems I believe.

IG Shield Infantry Company: Basically an IG Infantry Company. 1 Command Platoon+at least 3 Infantry Platoons. This formation allows for several stratagems.

IG Armored Fist Company: This one is broken down in the same way as the Armored Tank Companies, where you can take 3 AF Squads to make a AF Squadron formation....OR you can up it to 3 Squadrons+1 Command AF Squad, to make a company.

IG Hellhound formation: This is exactly as you might think, 3 hellhounds with one chosen as a command hound. The formation allows you to combine all 3 templates on one target....TOASTY!

IG Catachan Formation: For those of you who want to bring a flavor of the catachan DWV, here is your formation. This is 3 Hardend Vet Squads+at least 2 SWSs formation. This is an attempt to bring the DWVs into Apocalypse. You get rules for Ambush and Booby Traps, as well as several special rules for moving thru cover to allow for that Jungle Feel to the army.

ASSETS:

In this book each race get their very own set of assets and stratagems. There are some universal ones, but the mood of the book is set to help specific armies. Even the Sisters of Battle have their own stratagem(Holy Crusade I think, like in DoW Soulstorm). The IG get 4 assets for them, which some of the new formations are allowed to use. Right now I can only remember 3 of the 4.

Defensive Line: Basically you get a shield dropped in front of your IG forces. If I remember right you get a +3 or +4 cover save, similar to the blind barrage.

Fortifications: This asset gives you basically 3 Bunkers at AV 14 in your deployment zone.

Fix On My Coordinates!: This has got to be one of the funest one of all. Basically you pick any squad with a Vox Caster. You make a leadership role and if you pass an Orbital Bombardment will drop Exactly right on top of that Vox Model. Heh! I'm not exactly sure, but I believe this asset can be played at any time...

I have to say that I really like this new expansion of Apocalypse. Some of the assets are funny, and wacky. I really dig the Army Specific ones, they sound like fun. Some of the other formations in the book are also sick. A new CC Stompa, Fleeting Fex's, Ork Deffcoptas Squadrons, the new Chaos Masters of the Chapter variant(Black Crusade Command formation), the Necron Immortals formation, Wraith formation, Calgar Honor Guard Formation, Marine 1st Company Formation, Death Wing Redemption force, and the all Nid Warrior formation is crazy! There is indeed lots of goodness in the book for all! Enjoy!
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2008, 05:58   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Apocalypse: Reload - Some new info on IG stuff

Oh, frigging sweet! Thanks Cadaver for relaying those rumor to us, Imperial Guardsmen. All-father maybe be thrilled at the chance to replay his Catachans with all their rules and such :P

But personally, It won't affect me much. Because we don't play Apoc here. Real 40K players don't play Apoc :P
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2008, 09:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

JD and AC, I didn't really think about it when I posted because I just wanted to share it with the Guard players. If you guys think this should be moved to the Apocalypse Board, it's your call.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2008, 01:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Awesome! These strategems are sweet! 8) I think this transport might warrent another baneblade to convert...

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2008, 04:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hey.....im a catachan player too
Anways, I think you should keep it here, I dont see to many guard stuff on the apoc board so that could mean not to many IG players go on the apoc board so I would just keep it here unless you HAVE to move it.
Old 21 Jun 2008, 04:33   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo
But you're not a famous personality

Interesting... I may have to invest in this...
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2008, 04:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

I like the "Fix on my co-ordinates" and the Super-Chimera. 8)
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2008, 10:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Fix On My Coordinates? Haha, charge an infantry squad up to Abbadon and watch the fireworks. ;D

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, none will suffice."

"So this is how liberty dies. To a thunderous applause."

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Vallessian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2008, 10:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The All-father
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo
But you're not a famous personality
But i am...

I like the fix on my coords one... sounds like something the desperate yet dutiful commando would do.