Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Anyone Interested in making some nice female jungle fighters a reality?
Old 13 May 2008, 16:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Anyone Interested in making some nice female jungle fighters a reality?

Ever since we did the female guard I've had people asking me if we could also do some female jungle fighters, and it is something I'd really like to see happen.

Individually as hobbiests we do not have the resources to hire a professional-level sculptor, but if a group of us pool our resources together we could easily make it happen and make some for ourselves.

So, I'm asking to see if there is anyone out there who is as interested as me in making this happen. Our inspiration for this is going to be Vasquez from the Aliens movie. Tough as nails, but still shapely, definitely NOT a steroid pill-popping body-builder, wearing a tank-top/sports bra and heavy military pants and boots like her male counterparts.

The best part is, the more people we have, the more we can do. If enough people join in, we can do several different poses of legs and arms and alternate heads, maybe even a neat jungle accessory sprue or something like that.

Anyway, if you are interested in this by-hobbiests-for-hobbiests idea send me a PM and I'll give you the details.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Doctor Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2008, 02:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Anyone Interested in making some nice female jungle fighters a reality?

I'd be up for it, definently... but My resources are currently minimal. I'm almost broke, have little spare time and have uni studies to complete
Old 15 May 2008, 02:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Anyone Interested in making some nice female jungle fighters a reality?

Um, we did in fact recently hire a sculptor to do a run of resin female cadians for us. Expensive...sure, but it is doable.

Which reminds me, I still need to build mine.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2008, 03:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
Um, we did in fact recently hire a sculptor to do a run of resin female cadians for us. Expensive...sure, but it is doable.

Which reminds me, I still need to build mine.
Dr. Pepper is that very same sculptor.

It got done last time, i don't see any reason why it wouldn't now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2008, 04:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Dare I ask how much a custom sculpt runs?

I mean, Im reasonably broke atm, thanks to funding my necron army and my SM chapter, and Im not into jungle fighters regardless, but I am pro-custom sculpts. The female catachans look awesome.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2008, 13:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The buy in price for each set is $40.00 plus shipping and handling. Shipping and handling in the continental U.S. is $6.00 and international shipping is $8.00. You only pay shipping once, no matter how many sets you get.

Each set will contain ten jungle torsos, ten jungle legs, ten jungle heads, and ten sets of arms ready to hold a rifle-type weapon (you supply the weapon yourself)

Also, we will make sure that all of these parts will be compatible with the other female parts we've made in the past

So, we start out with one pose of leg, one pose of arms, one type of torso, and one kind of head. If enough people join in, we have the option of expanding the project en-route, with additional heads, extra leg poses, and extra arm poses. Note: that means people would receive greater variety in their sets, not extra sets.

At 20 sets of funding we will be able to afford a second pose of legs
At 30 sets of funding we will be able to afford a second jungle head sculpt
At 40 sets we will be able to afford a second pose of arms
At 60 sets we be able to afford a second kind of torso
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Doctor Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2008, 12:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

i am actually planning a multi use model. i am making a vampiress model but before main items of clothing i will make a mould, i can them make as many as i want, hopefully poseable and with the option of any clothes you want.

here's the model in it's old rubbish state, it's improved since here.

i have almost finished the legs and the arms are done, the head has been entirely remodelled and the hands can be replaced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vampiress.jpg (35.1 KB, 56 views)

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2008, 12:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I look at using the Escher (check spelling) models from Necromunda. Lots of chicks with guns ready to be converted.
Old 17 May 2008, 22:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

You mean something like this? I found her in a blister with a Catachan melta gunner.

Old 20 May 2008, 12:24   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I cant help but think of Vasquez from "Aliens" when I see that model. The Escher gang from Necromunda was comprised of all females. Theyd be great fodder for IG conversions since most are modeled with light or no armor and lazguns or autoguns.