Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Alternate Siege Regiments
Old 07 May 2008, 02:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Alternate Siege Regiments

I was thinking of buying a Imperial Armor and Siege of Vraks was a obvious one that caught my eye. DKoK are near impossible for a person of my age to get but has anyone thought or know of other cool siege regiments, I am intrested in vostroyans and was thinking of using the siege company rules for them and make all their cannons with that cool vostroyan tank scheme, plus there a forge world so would have acess to all that stuff. I know there isnt any fluff supporting it but 40k is a collosal universe and things could happen.
So the main question is, do you guys know of any other cool siege regiments or any other excisting regiments that could easily being seen as having a siege type regiment or does anyone see the vostroyan siege regiment doable ?

Thanks in advance
Old 07 May 2008, 02:28   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Alternate Siege Regiments

If you read Ciaphas Cain novels, you will the 597th Valhallan Regiment to be a siege regiment. Basilisks and all. But there's also normal companies with troops and chimeras.

But otherwise you can make up your own world and regiment.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2008, 13:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Zenai the 597th is an infantry regiment. The artillery regiment Cain is attached to before the 597th is an artillery regiment. No regiment in the series is specifically a siege regiment.

As far as I know Valhallens are standard infantry but the way they fight makes them seem good for trench warfare. Not nessicarily siege warfare, there is a differance.

but all guard regiment probally have some siege training but pure siege regiments are probally a minority. They use slower towed guns so can't deploy as fast as other guard regiments(infantry or armored) so they are used in their own specialized roll, kindof like how you wouldn't have a elysian regiment storming a beachhead.
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2008, 13:57   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Oopz sorry :P it was the 12th Valhallan Artillery Regiment then

JohnnyBoy is right. There are very few full artillery regiments. Most of the time they form a company.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2008, 14:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Valhallan's still make perfect siege troops, as they make extensive use of heavy artillery and mortars. They also have a preference for flamethrowers which makes sense for small units storming bunkers and such.

The demolisher also is featured heavily in Valhallan regiments, and it is a "siege" tank after all.

Valhallan's sound like your best option, but as a side note, Cadians can be converted into siege troops with ease. Just add extra equipment, entrenching tools, sandbags etc.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, none will suffice."

"So this is how liberty dies. To a thunderous applause."

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Vallessian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2008, 18:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

The Baran Siegemasters is what you're looking for. They've got some rules for them and other Siege Regiments in Epic.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2008, 19:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sweet, thanks for the help, anyone else?
Old 07 May 2008, 20:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

For models, I use Cadians with Pig Iron Productions' Kolony Millitia heads. They look ace, and are pretty cheap- I got 100 heads for $35 from the War Store.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote