Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Funny things with guard
Old 02 May 2008, 20:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Funny things with guard

I don't play guard, but having played them today, i saw some really cool things happen. A commissar executed a senior officer, a sniper missed 3 times in a row, a guardsmen lost all his 15 man squad, passed his test, and took out a tyranid warrior with his lasgun, and a basilisk managed to down one of it's own leman russ.

What i want to know is if you have had any funny situations, amazing last stands, really bad luck, and generally other cool stuff

thanks in advance

C:\Users\Samuel\Pictures\SINDRI.jpg
fattyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2008, 21:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Funny things with guard

Well my guys are catachans (recently beign called cata-cants buy the vets) so they dont need luck but I do have some fun stories, one was when 2 officers with power fist destroyed a gun fex and then charged into 3 genestealers and a broad lord, they killed all but 1 genestealers with storm bolters and a small 3 man surviving team rapid firng with lasguns. The officers then charged into the brood lord and killed the remaining genestealer then after some combat left the broodlord with 1 wound while dying in the process. My second one is were two catachan infantry squads take out a chaos lord and a demon prince then consolidated into a chaos squad killing 4 guys but they all got killed after that. The last one is when me friend threw a salamander squad and a chaplian at a collosal black templar assault unit led by a chaplian with 2 standard infantry squad which was all I basicly had left, my friend killed something like 6 men leaving 4 men and the chaplian. I charge and kill the 4 men and leave the chaplain with 1 wound left, my friends chaplain is killed by his and a few other marines and then my catachans deliver the killing blow and cut down the chaplian, that is Rambos stories off awesome catachan close combat killing feats.

Now for the sucky stories, I only really have 1, I ambushed 2 teams, each one containing 2 demo charge equaling 4 charges. I was about to blow this uber seraphim squad to hell but guess what, every single demo charge goes backward, I only lose like 2 guys because they scattered to far back to hurt me but I did blow up some sisters up behind me in the process so it wasnt a total lose.
Old 02 May 2008, 22:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

15 man squad? How do you get a 15 man squad in guard?
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2008, 00:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
15 man squad? How do you get a 15 man squad in guard?
Conscripts, I assume (although you still would need 20 to begin with). Which would make that even cooler to take down a 'Nid.

Well, I did lose 3 Leman Russ tanks to a single Ork Boyz Nob with powerklaw. No, I was not stupid, I just had better things to shoot at (like a Monolith, hordes of Necrons, and more Boyz).

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2008, 00:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I had an Eldar Avatar rip through my command squad without taking any damage (even the power swords didn't work) He then proceeded to attack an infantry squad which was right next to them. They beat him in close combat without loosing a guy...

So my command squad which is suppose to be good at CC got annihilated, but one infantry squad trounced the avatar.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, none will suffice."

"So this is how liberty dies. To a thunderous applause."

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Vallessian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2008, 02:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

3 Guardsmen with lasguns (the leftovers of a squad) take out 5 khorne berserkers over a span of 2 turns. The berserkers kept trying to get into CC with me, but they rolled double ones on their difficult terrain moves both turns. Managed to kill 3 of them with lasguns and the last in assault when they finally reached me.
Old 03 May 2008, 19:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

i had a single squad of infantry man left alone (for some reason) out side of cover with a truk full of orks bounding up on it. the orcs jump out assault me, i don't lose a single man but kill his squad completely!!, this squad massacre moved into his weird boy and killed that too!!
Old 03 May 2008, 22:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Well I've only played as Guard once but I've played against them several times and some crazy things have happened.

Once my Blood Ravens Master charged at a Vostroyan Heroic Senior Officer. The Master hit with 5 of his attacks, and wounded with all 5. However the HSO had a Refractor Field and made all 5, 5+ saves. My Master kinda stood there cursing while 20+ Vostroyans tried in vain to get past hsi 2+ armor save. So then he ignored the HSO and set about butchering the normal Vostroyans. But it was hilarious.

Same game before my Master charged into the HSO, ~20 Guardsmen surrounded a Sentinel in an attempt to form a defensive cordon. So my Tactical Squad with a Missile Launcher that had just gotten out of combat stops, lifts the launcher and lets fly with a krak rocket. It scores a penetrating 6 and the Sentinel blows up, catching all ~20 Guardsmen in the blast. Only 3 or 4 die but it was still funny.

Last weekend when I played a Combat Patrol with my small starting Guard force, I had a single Infantry Platoon of 31 Guardsmen, 10 Storm Troopers and a Chimera, versus a mostly on foot Eldar Army with 2 War Walkers. The War Walkers come trundling up the right flank and devastate my two Guard squads there, so the Chimera shoots at them. Both the Heavy Bolter and Multi-Laser do a little damage but fail to bring down the War Walkers, but then I fire the Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter just for the hellofit. I hit with both shots (at BS3 I was shocked), but then not only that, I rolled DOUBLE SIX's!!! So I get 2 glancing hits and roll for those and I get ANOTHER DOUBLE SIX's!!! The lowly Storm Bolter knocks both down where the Multi Laser and Heavy Bolter couldn't bring one down. Sheesh.

Next two Guardsmen who are falling back with 2 Grenade Launchers fire on a Guardian Defender squad, both frags hit, and half the Guardian Squad goes down.

At the same time my lowly Junior Officer charges some Swooping Hawks and cuts some of them up, locking up the advance. On the left flank the Storm Troopers charge out, unleash Melta and Grenade Launcher shots and the Sergeants Hellpistol on some Jetbikes and then charges them killing the squadron and consolidating into a second one. In return the 2nd Jetbike Squadron at 2 bikes has 2 attacks, both hit, both wound and I fail both saves. Then as the unit consolidates out of combat the Warlock uses Destructor on them and brings 6 of the ST down. Finally charged by the Warlock and his Storm Guardians the ST Sergeant manages to fight it out alone, killing the Warlock and the game is called.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2008, 22:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

wow, thats some crazy stuff.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, none will suffice."

"So this is how liberty dies. To a thunderous applause."

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Vallessian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2008, 10:01   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I went into GW yesterday, and saw a game between necrons and guard. The nightbringer was down to 1 wound, and none of the tanks, or heavy weapon teams could manage to kill it. 1 guardsman with a lucky shot manages to kill it with a plasma gun, and the nightbringer blows up. the explosion kills 10 necron warriors, and a few guardsmen, but fails to wound the guy that took him out!

C:\Users\Samuel\Pictures\SINDRI.jpg
fattyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote