Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Stormtroopers Underway
Old 22 Apr 2008, 01:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Stormtroopers Underway

Well, I've recently ordered what I've always dreamed of... well, one of the many things anyways, I have yet to buy a multi-million dollar estate and a pink pony, but regardless...

I've ordered a total of 9 Stormtroopers, not that Kasrkin filth (I've already got a squad ) but good old fashioned Stormtroopers.

My question to you is how would you go about outfitting a 9 man squad. I am restricted by the models in my list. You see, I ordered the Plasma Pistol Sergeant and 2 packs of Stormtroopers; in essence, all special weapons will have to be converted from hellguns.

This is no issue, I've done things along this line before, its no issue, but I do want to know what you would go about outfitting this squad with. The equipment is as follows:

Sergeant: Plasma Pistol, Bolter, Auspex, Targeter, Frag Grenades
8 Troopers: Hellguns, Targeters, Frag Grenades

Also, Pregunta numero dos (Question number two), I need a stellar camo-scheme for these guys. I want them to stand out from my army, but not standout in general; the operative word here is camoflauged. For those that don't know, my troops have Codex Grey fatigues.
I've considered a White/Catachan Green camo like my tanks, or just Catachan Green. But I'd prefer it not be grey.

So, any help you can give is very much appreciated!

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Ge. Stankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2008, 01:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Stormtroopers Underway

I have two thought for your camo scheme.

Plain Catachan green uniform and Chaos black armor.
Or a camo pattern of catachan green, desert yellow, and chaos black.

Use the painter if you want to experiment.
http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperia...ash-painter/1/

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, none will suffice."

"So this is how liberty dies. To a thunderous applause."

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Vallessian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 00:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, I took your advice, heres what I've got. Let me say, I also want to consider doing Flektarn on them, but obviously wasn't able to show that.

What do you think? I like the idea of the Commissarial provosts, but I want your opinions.

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 23 Apr 2008, 14:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

i really like the teracotta, but that is already a section of the ordo malleus isn't it, so failing that i would go for the commissar
Old 23 Apr 2008, 14:25   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Hmmm......did you try the other colors. The camo you shown doesn't really strike me as unique. Try to go with more exotic and exciting colors. But that's just me. My regiments camo is chaos black and blood red. Dark color with a light color.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 14:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

hmm I like the commissarial but I would lighting the fatigues to a really dark grey(almost black) just for a slight bit of contrast.

that way it doesn't look like you primed the model and just painted in details(face, gunmetal, shoulderpads)

that said the commissarial is probally a little overdone, what with the inquisitorial inducted guardsmen, traitor guardsmen, the list goes on...
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 18:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Why an odd number of 9? That means when they drop below 50% at 4 models. You would almost be better take a squad size of 8? It is your call but I am not a big fan of odd numbers in squads. They tend to hurt mathhammer more then help
Go Guard Or Go Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 19:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, thats all the models I'm getting, and I want to field them all.

I think I'll go for some sort of camo scheme, I'm not sure I'm feeling these.

Stankov

Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

For grey camo I really like the pattern that was used for the MACOs in ST:Enterprise.

Here is a picture I found, I am at work I can't take the time to find a really good one, but I think this give the right idea.

"Men are basically smart or dumb and lazy or ambitious. The dumb and ambitious ones are dangerous and I get rid of them. The dumb and lazy ones I give mundane duties. The smart ambitious ones I put on my staff. The smart and lazy ones I make my commanders.
Rogal Dorn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2008, 02:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hey Stankov, haven't seen you around in a while...

Personally I'm liking Terracotta the most. I have some of the old stormies too, and their scheme is similar to what you have there... Maybe I'm biased.

As to equipment... I don't see what role you've given them. Tank hunting seems has been the most successful role I've used stormtroopers in before, but obviously you're a little restricted in this regard.
Colonel_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote