Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Elysians
Old 17 Apr 2008, 11:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Elysians

I was just checking out the Elysian models on Forge World, and I know for sure now that I want to use them in my Gehennan drop troop army. I know that since they are purely drop troops they can't have vehicles other than the sentinel, but are there any other rules that I should know about before starting an Elysian army? Do they have a source book or something I could pick up that tells me everything about them? I noticed the sentinel has a multi-melta on it, does that mean Elysian sentinels can have different weapons choices, i.e. the plasma cannon?

Thanks for your help guys

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, none will suffice."

"So this is how liberty dies. To a thunderous applause."

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Vallessian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2008, 11:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Elysians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallessian
I was just checking out the Elysian models on Forge World, and I know for sure now that I want to use them in my Gehennan drop troop army. I know that since they are purely drop troops they can't have vehicles other than the sentinel, but are there any other rules that I should know about before starting an Elysian army? Do they have a source book or something I could pick up that tells me everything about them? I noticed the sentinel has a multi-melta on it, does that mean Elysian sentinels can have different weapons choices, i.e. the plasma cannon?
Not true about vehicles. They use Valkyries for transport and support in place of other vehicles... can't help you with those rules and their Vehicle Upgrades, though, IP. Even their Sentinel Squads can take them, or they can Deep Strike instead. Their Sentinels take Heavy Bolters or a Multi-Melta; they can take up to one unit of Support Sentinels as well, also Fast Attack, that take either a Missile Launcher or a Multiple Rocket Pod. Finally, they can take Imperial Navy Air Support: Thunderbolt or Lightning fighter or use their own Vultures.

Elysians use: Drop Troops, Iron Discipline, Veterans, Storm Trooper Squads, Special Weapons Squads.

If you are serious about making an Elysian Army, find the rules, because there's a lot in there. (IA3: Taros)

For support, the doctrines list and the notations I made above should suffice about the Sentinels. (Those cost no points to Deep Strike.)
Old 17 Apr 2008, 12:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

I didn't know they got Imp Navy support. Guess I should flip through something other than the Tau section in my book. :P
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2008, 13:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn Queen
If you are serious about making an Elysian Army, find the rules, because there's a lot in there. (IA3: Taros)
And if you fancy something a little different try IA4, this has the list for the elite D-99 Elysian drop troop regiment!
Sardis Varrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2008, 02:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well my army isn't going to be true Elysians, since I will be using my own choices of doctrines, but I want to follow all the other rules. I'll have to pick up a copy of IA before I order any models then.

Thanks for the help guys.

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Old 18 Apr 2008, 04:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

D-99 are straight cheese, though. They get some nasty, nasty stuff. Against any army that tends to have tooled up units, det charges are amazingly effective. Problem is, that's nearly any army...

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2008, 06:19   #7 (permalink)
Cal
Shas'Ui

Lucky... I'd love to start Elysians if I could afford an army of them...

Anyway, have fun all the same. They're some great models and Drop Troop armies can be pretty fun to play with.

Are you planning to go purely Elysians or a mix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comissar Gaunt to an unknown Fortis Binary trooper
"Hold Fast!"
"They're killing us!"
"So kill them back!"
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2008, 08:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal585
Lucky... I'd love to start Elysians if I could afford an army of them... Anyway, have fun all the same. They're some great models and Drop Troop armies can be pretty fun to play with.
Those FW models are sexy. I'd like some Tallarns myself... ooh and the Renegades & Heretics... hm, but the Elysian lines are nice...

Seriously, though. The Elysian Drop Ships are pure, unadulterated awesome in a resin cast. You can take them for every unit, almost like you have the M.I. doctrine but for FLYERS. They are just, wow. One of these can come with every single Unit:

I'm talking your HQ, one for your Drop Sentinels unit, one for each of your Support Sentinels units, one for your veterans... yeah, you get the idea. OWNAGE.
Old 18 Apr 2008, 11:05   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Thats alot of money to drop.

A full army of Elysian infantry + sentinels is not cheap, so I'll have to pass on the gunships.

Old 21 Apr 2008, 00:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

wow, so I just realized that the price for the Elysians is in pounds, not U.S. dollars. Since the Dollar is worth about half as much as the British pound, that means a 10man squad of Elysians costs about $70.00!!!

Anybody know of a more cost effective way I can get unpainted and unassembled Elysians? ???