Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Blood pact?
Old 23 Mar 2008, 01:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to YakmastermaxIG
Default Blood pact?

Im kind of not even sure if this belongs under imperial guard but i was wondering if anyone knew the backround information on bloodpact stalk tanks and their AT-80 light tanks

they are partialy fetured in the sabbat worlds crusade books with guants ghosts by dan abnett

like how the stalk tank looks and what its weapons are.

"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

"due to my retardivity" - myself

"never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to thier level, and beat you with experience"
YakmastermaxIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2008, 08:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Blood pact?

I think Stalk tanks are essentially a psychic and slightly smaller version of a defiler.

Rules wise you could give it the hell hounds rules. Which fit since the attack is an area attack at range.

the other tanks were pretty much the really old russ variants. AFAIK
Old 24 Mar 2008, 22:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

My take on Stalk Tanks is to use Sentinel rules, the Multilaser represents a pulse laser by description, it is a walker as opposed to any other option rules wise which is appropriate and in terms of how tough it is, I'd say it was fitting, one example which makes it feel appropriate to me is that one was run over by a heavier armour piece I forget if it was a Reaver or Brigand in Sabbat Martyr (during the engagement when three Life Company Vanquishers enagaged Bloodpact armour).

As to the Reaver, I'd suggest a FW Conqueror as being the best rules set to use with the Brigand as a regular Leman Russ.

[img width=650 height=30]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/colgravis/Misc%2040k/awards.jpg[/img]
Col.Gravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2008, 22:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

yeah

i got smaller defiler answers from lots of websites

but if i were to use sentinel stat lines or hellhound statlines i was wondering how i would convert such out of a actual defiler

a hellhound i could make work....
"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

"never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to thier level, and beat you with experience"
Old 24 Mar 2008, 22:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

I'd use Sentinel stats, to be honest. Afterall, Stalk Tanks perform basically the same role, and are armed with multi-laser type weapons.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2008, 10:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Why convert it out of an expensive defiler when you could convert it out of a cheaper Sentinel or two and be a more reasonable size for a light support vehicle.

[img width=650 height=30]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/colgravis/Misc%2040k/awards.jpg[/img]
Col.Gravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2008, 23:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i would use a defiler to make is chaosesqe

and they are described to have 6 legs that worked arachnid like

according to dan abnett.

i like the idea of using the hellhound stat line as in the they are assualt vehicles and take a little more firepower to bring down then a sentinel.