Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A few ideas and my plans for the future!
Old 19 Mar 2008, 18:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default A few ideas and my plans for the future!

Hey, guardsmen!

After getting some pretty darn good marks in school, I've earnt myself a little lee-way on what I am allowed to do (even though I still have to pay). So I have decided to gather up all my IG models, get some more cheap off of ebay and things like that, and make a list.

Then I was thinking. Why not two lists?

Would any of you consider it 'cheesy' if I have one FOC as all infantry, and then have a serperate armoured company? Rather then just one big FOC? Just looking for opinions ;D

But the second part of the plan, once my forces are assembled (Literally and figurativly) I will be getting a summer job, and the money will go towards not just my education, but by getting the awesome people at blue table painting to paint them up! That way I will have an awsomely painted, ready to play IG army.

My painting skills are... Bleh, to say the least. I could go as far to say that I have no such skills.

So, opinions? I will also be making a realtime review upon blue table painting, on things like their customer service, time to complete and all that.

Thanks guys!
Old 19 Mar 2008, 19:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: A few ideas and my plans for the future!

No, not particularly cheesy as long as people agree to taking on the AC. I have two lists like that aswell. And what do you meen by:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Gecko is back!
Rather then just one big FOC?
And I have heard BTP has excellent customer service (even going as far as totally replacing an massive army for free if they mess it up).

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2008, 20:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: A few ideas and my plans for the future!

'One big FOC' basically means instead of an all-infantry and an armoured company, I would sub in the armoured units into the infantry army and just make one big army, as opposed to two serperate force organization charts.

I'm planning on customizability. I am having razorbacks as chimeras and chimeras as hellhounds (Hellhounds cost to much for me at the moment, and they have better armour than a chimera even though they use the same hull? The rhino rationalizes this a bit more.) A bit odd, I know. But in an armoured company, those razorbaks will become my salamanders, lighter and faster chimeras, with autocannons to boot! So if my opponent says no, I can just use my combined list (Or just have another list on hand to play.)

The armoured company isn't all heavy tanks, if anyone was wondering. I was thinking of having two salamanders, a vanquisher tank ace, and some other fast moving leman russ variants (Exterminator, conquerer and there was another...).

My extended theme is easy company (Not copying the other guy. Been thinking about this for a loooong time ;D) but not as paratroopers. Rather, the army after they landed. The tanks are either American or British themed. See: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLGcx...eature=related (Caution. Mature themes (Making out, swaztikas etc) and gore. Language not suitable for children.) As you can see, I am going by actual facts, that the men have linked up with armoured support, heh. Still, my choice though :P.