Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New IG Codex
Old 16 Mar 2008, 07:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default New IG Codex

I have long been considering my next army, and Imperial Guard is something I am considering, but when I look at the codex, it appears to be quite old in comparison to some of the others. I was wondering if anyone knows if a new Imperial Guard Codex is on the horizon? Also, the Daemonhunters and Witchhunters Codexes also look like they are kind of old, and if I did an Imperial Guard Army I would most definately want to get some allied Grey Knights or an Inquisitor. Anyone know about new codexes for either of those qroups?
Old 16 Mar 2008, 07:38   #2 (permalink)
Cal
Shas'Ui

Default Re: New IG Codex

It has been said that all those codex's will be redone in the future (with rumours of an Inquisition codex isntead of the seperate strands). No one knows when, sometime after 5th ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comissar Gaunt to an unknown Fortis Binary trooper
"Hold Fast!"
"They're killing us!"
"So kill them back!"
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2008, 14:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to YakmastermaxIG

yes possible remake with the release of 5th edition

this is a bad thing though as they might plan to nerf the platoon system...
"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

"due to my retardivity" - myself

"never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to thier level, and beat you with experience"
YakmastermaxIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2008, 14:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've been wanting to get my hands on a number of Codexes, particularly IG and SM, because I started with Orks and then went Tau and recently Eldar and just a week ago picked up Nids - I have literally no freaking idea about how any Imperium armies work. Not a damn clue. This seems like an oversight on my part. (I also want Dark Eldar Codex, damnit!)

I need to order it online, though, because the local gaming stores certainly don't carry any of them except Inquisition and SM (nilla). I think I saw a Spiky Beakie Codex at one store, but it's far from here. I went there once to get Nids codex and evaluate their model stock: they have lots more models but they are heavy Imperium/Chaos (ie. Hoo-manz) and I don't actually want to COLLECT them, I just want to UNDERSTAND them. My local store (yay Pandæmonium Books!) has the Xenos Scum Armies I love out the wazoo thanks to the 'Arvard 'Ard Boyz.

So if IG isn't in the near future for a remake, I'll order it and a few others online. Should I try to get it from a local game store, or will that be agonisingly slow? I like to throw business at games stores to ensure their survival (they teeter on going out of business thanks to Boston being unbearably expensive) but part of the joy of Toys is to have them in-hand. I might break down and Amazon them... IG, Beakies, Spiky Panzees... and some boxed bonus gear.

Part of the joy
Old 16 Mar 2008, 15:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

What don't you understand about them? I find them the easiest to understand...

Oh, and I also agree that the IG codex is in need of a remake.. Take the flashlights and turn them at least into laser pointers, please. :P
"Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Circus: Yes well Bubgum we've been gradually establishing today that you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Anton: I placed the broom between my legs, engaged the engine, applied the gas and away I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I'm working on it, I'll even unclip the crotch flap so it swings
Bubgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2008, 15:31   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

GW should fix the Guess Range rule so Mortars will actually be useful. And make Orgyns a better CC unit.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2008, 16:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Personally I'm looking forward to a new IG codex.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2008, 18:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will

Indeed, the IG codex could use a little update - it'll probably coincide with the release of trenchcoat plastic IG when it does happen. As for rules, I think they could add a few more doctrines, perhaps including the Abhuman doctrines from the old Chapter Approved article, and for goodness sake UPDATE THE XENOS FIGHTERS!!! There's no good reason for not including Tau, Kroot Mercs etc other than the fact that Tau didn't even exist when the Codex was brought out, and it would fit the fluff of my army perfectly.

My Space Marine project log
Commissar_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2008, 22:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

The guess range rule is fixed. You just put 'em down.

From what I've heard, we'll be getting the 1st 5th edition dex.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2008, 01:53   #10 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

I thought the IG codex will be coming after the others?
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote