Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Army Idea: Rebel Grotz
Old 02 Mar 2008, 17:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Army Idea: Rebel Grotz

Hello...in my quest to find an army that can be used for both Fantasy and 40k, I've thought about using Night Goblins in 40k to represent a renegade Grot Army...maybe I'm mad as a hatter but I think it would be delightful fun.

The doctrines I have in mind include:

Light Infantry (dey's sneaky gits)
Sharpshooters (Grotz is already good shots, and dis would give em some extra dakka)
Rough Riders (Goblin Wolf Riders)

(need two more doctrines...ideas would be great)

Additionally, I would like to ally with Witch Hunters and use the Arco-flagellant rules to represent hidden Night Goblin Fanatics (they both have the same ability to randomly kill themselves with D6 attacks/turn)...

Am I nuts?
Old 02 Mar 2008, 17:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Army Idea: Rebel Grotz

Damn nuts :P

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2008, 17:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

Lol you're going to be packing Lasguns in Fantasy? oh my.

Lets seeee.....I'd go with....

Maybe Warrior Weapons? Change out Lasguns for Pistol+CCW, might make sense.
And Possibly Cameleoline. Idk if I'd acctually give them capes or not but perhaps to represent them being extra sneaky or going to ground.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2008, 18:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Nah, I'm probably going to represent their Lasguns as compound bows (with scopes and whutnots, similar to what Rambo would use. :P), the arrows being rocket-propelled perhaps.

Never ever was a fan of Warrior Weapons. It is by far the worst Doctrine Guard can have, seeing as its mandatory for all your Guard and makes them cost so much more. If I want melee Goblins, I'd instead use the rules for Witch Hunter Zealots (I could actually use Night Goblin Fanatics to represent the hidden Eviscerators in the unit). My question then would be what would I use Arcoflagellants to represent then?
Old 02 Mar 2008, 18:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Whole units of Fanatics. Simple. Or squig hoppers.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2008, 18:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Hmm, rebel grots using C:IG... Firstly, no sharpshooters. In fact, I'm having trouble even seeing grots with BS3. They definitely aren't better shots than professional soldiers. Light Infantry and Cameleoline I could see working, though.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2008, 18:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legio Mortis
Hmm, rebel grots using C:IG... Firstly, no sharpshooters. In fact, I'm having trouble even seeing grots with BS3. They definitely aren't better shots than professional soldiers. Light Infantry and Cameleoline I could see working, though.
You obviously haven't played the new Ork Codex where in fact Grots DO have BS 3...and these are the untrained Grotz which would rather hide and are only fighting because half the time their Runtherders pick them up and throw them into battle. The idea with Rebel Grotz is that since they've killed off the Ork spores before they could grow, they've overcome their warrior deficiencies to compensate (hence using the S3, T3 profile of a normal Night Goblin).
Old 02 Mar 2008, 18:52   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJuggler
You obviously haven't played the new Ork Codex where in fact Grots DO have BS 3...and these are the untrained Grotz which would rather hide and are only fighting because half the time their Runtherders pick them up and throw them into battle. The idea with Rebel Grotz is that since they've killed off the Ork spores before they could grow, they've overcome their warrior deficiencies to compensate (hence using the S3, T3 profile of a normal Night Goblin).
Okay, if they have BS3 in the new codex then I guess I'm fine with it. I'm still against sharpshooters though.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2008, 21:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by General D
Quote:
Originally Posted by xShaperx
Lol you're going to be packing Lasguns in Fantasy? oh my.
What? You've never heard of the lasbow? Wow. I thought they were pretty common... ;D

Anyway, sounds like a great plan to me.
The sad thing is that a bow is just as good as a lasgun, the only caveat being ranged modifiers...similar to a handgun vs. a bolter too. The funny thing though is that a Night Goblin archer unit lead by a Standard bearer which confers poison attacks on the unit is a remarkably deadly unit.
Old 03 Mar 2008, 00:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Consider Xeno-fighters: Orcs. The grots really hate orkeses.
That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained; And until the ignoble an
VerjigormDeExile is offline   Reply With Quote