Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rastafarian IG?
Old 24 Feb 2008, 01:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Rastafarian IG?

That's a very bad topic, but that's the general idea. Catachans are kinda cool, but wanted something a little more unique. But I had an idea of a planetary defense force, from a heavy jungle enviroment, who are excellent warriors in close-combat, but lack the heavier firepower typically associated with guard. Too hard to manpack those weapons in rough terrian.

Roughly, I'm looking at: Jungle Fighters, Warrior Weapons, Veterans, Special Weapons Squads, hardened fighters.
That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained; And until the ignoble an
VerjigormDeExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 03:54   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Rastafarian IG?

Light Infantry....at least it fit fluff wise, since you say no heavier equipment.
Wolflance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 12:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Fluff-wize, have you thought of looking into the history of the Maroons(?) of Jamaica

they were good guerrilla fighters in their time and seem to fit your concept.

"Lem otesh, lem koem dath kian na slidd"
-Raiph Hastoisista of the Iaereabelah

"We saw the fall of our race and we laughed,
We see the galaxy wreathed in war, and we laugh,
We know the futility of the universe and laugh and laugh!"
- A Shadowseer of the Dris'suith.

"La mayyitan ma quadirun yatabaqa sarmadi
fa itha yaji ash-shuthath al-mautu qad yantahi"
MonTor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2008, 20:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Mon'Tor: that's exactly my thinking. These guys are going to be alot like the Maroons. I'm wafling on Jungle fightes, cuz Light infantry are SOOO much better, imho.

That's why I'm going with Warrior Weapons: This regiment has poor access to advanced weaponry, and utilizes alot of machates and knives.

Veterans: This regiment has fought on numerous worlds, with it's IG masters attemptig to send them on suicide missions to get rid of the blokes. Hasn't worked so far.

Light Infantry/Jungle fighters: These guys are used to living of the land and showing up where they're not wanted.

Special Weapons Squads: When they do get ahead of dedicated gear, it's concentrated into "kill teams" tasked with certian objectives.

Hardened Fighters: The life is hard.
That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained; And until the ignoble an
Old 25 Feb 2008, 07:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

5th Iron Lions

Originally raised as a planetary defense brigade on <insert hive city here>, the Lions have seen action across the Imperium, and their few members left are dangerous and lethal warriors. Originally the 5th was a brigaded orginization with the 5th Armored. However, over countless deployment, the brigade has never managed to make whole it's vehicle losses, and so now operates as a light infantry force.

While never numerous, the 5th has proven itself constantly. The core of the fifth is the veterans of it's numerous campaigns, carrying a variety of specialized weaponry intended for close action. The 5th's veterans and officers frequently strike without warning, from unexpectated directions and bring swift death to their enemies.

The 5th has at it's core a seed of Heresy, that has mostly escaped Inquisitorial notice. The belief is in a God-Emperor, and is well indoctrinated into the 5th by a corps of fanatical believers.

Doctrines: Jungle Fighters, Hardened Fighters, Veterans, Iron Discipline, Priests

Sample list:

Heroic Senior Officer /w power weapon and las pistol
1 Heavy Flamer, 1 Master-Vox, 2 Veterans with Bolt Pistols and Close combat weapons

1 Commisar with powerfist and bolt pistol

1 Priest with Honorifica Imperialis, Eviscerator
1 Priest with Eviscerator
3 Priests with Power weapon and close combat weapons

Veterans with Sergeant, Heavy Flamer, 3 Meltas, 1 shotgun, 5 veterans with close combat weapons and las-pistols
Veterans same as above

Platoon I
Junior Officer with power weapon, 1 Heavy Flamer, Vox, 2 Veterans with Bolt Pistols and close-combat weapons
Squad 1 with Vox, heavy bolter, grenade launcher
Squad 2 same as the above

Platoon II
Same as Platoon I

The priests go with the Officers and the two Vet squads. The Vet Squads bring the Melta-Joy! I'm hoping the massed heavy flamers will help them deal with enemies prior to assaulting.
Old 01 Mar 2008, 00:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

model wise, try marauders, not quite catachan, not quite imperial... the only problems are the norse-esque helmets. and sculpting dreads on small models, it was painfull enough on predator...

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2008, 01:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I won't be using Marauder.s thanks for the suggestion, but I have about 40 of the little blighter in various stages of completion, and I didn't like their models. I don't think the whole "spikes-n-entropy wheels" will stick, either.

Dreads are easy man. It's when you have to sculpt ram horns and dreads for a buncha Gor that it becomes problematic.
Old 01 Mar 2008, 11:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

the problems i had were trying to attach them... i thought about frilling small holes into the back then glueing them in but i'd sort of finished my pred project before i could try it.

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2008, 17:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Seriously? I just stuck'em on there. Sometimes I used a small green stuff layer as a base, pricking it up alot to give the model a "spike 'fro" look. Then it's fairly easy to attach the dreds to that. Ineed cool IG characters, however.

I'm thinking Catachans will be my base troop choice as for as models go, with their inflatable arms.
Old 02 Mar 2008, 05:33   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Try using thick guitar wire uncoiled a bit and placed into holes drilled in the models head. A friend of mine did this with his pirate Orks and it looks awsome. Very Dredlocky.